Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For s***s and giggles I punched in the destination I did my efficiency test on. The round trip estimated battery remaining is optimistic by about 7% from my no-HVAC taking it easy test... so probably useless in real world.

Can someone who has this update please let me know if you hold the fob trunk button in for three seconds does it pop open the charge port door?

Yes it does!

It did work on certain flavours of v6.0 previously (my car had 2.0.77 before the v6.1 upgrade, and had the feture) I hadn't noticed any other real differences between between vanilla v6.0 and 2.0.77, so the only way to tell was to go to the about screen (or notice Visual Tesla breaking ;))

Hi all, excited by the new features for my 6 week old car :)
Does anyone know if I need to be plugged in for the update to trigger? I have moved the car closer to the house so that it can reach wi-fi :) anything else I can do to encourage it to happen???
Paul

Woot!

Update done in p85d. Just over 2 hours and came back to find:
image.jpg

Oh ohhh....

Thankfully, leaving it alone another 10 mins, came back and found release notes updated - yay!

Seems identical to other AP cars, nothing special re AWD or idling motors. Did note that the energy estimation in navigation seemed "optimistic" on a known journey. Going to try it now for fun at a restrained pace. The energy estimation on the new trip tab does appear to take elevation into account.

one other thing I didn't realize was that you have to touch the distance/time estimation on navigation directions to see energy estimations and round trip estimate, eg
image.jpg

Will test range and tacc now. Just need to find some other people driving at this time ;-)

Argh... I've been waiting for months for 6.0 and still haven't got it and now people have 6.1 already.... Grrrrrr..... I've been asking Tesla service why I've not had 6.0 pushed for 2 months already and they just give me a roundabout answer of rollout yada yada, but 4+ months of rollout???
Sorry to hear. I guess I've been lucky so far. Presumably you're not near a service centre?

For s***s and giggles I punched in the destination I did my efficiency test on. The round trip estimated battery remaining is optimistic by about 7% from my no-HVAC taking it easy test... so probably useless in real world.

Probably doesn't account for the current worse efficiency of the P85D. When torque sleep is added, you should be close to the rest of the fleet and the estimates will be better.

Woot!

Update done in p85d. Just over 2 hours and came back to find:

Oh ohhh....

Thankfully, leaving it alone another 10 mins, came back and found release notes updated - yay!

Seems identical to other AP cars, nothing special re AWD or idling motors. Did note that the energy estimation in navigation seemed "optimistic" on a known journey. Going to try it now for fun at a restrained pace. The energy estimation on the new trip tab does appear to take elevation into account.

one other thing I didn't realize was that you have to touch the distance/time estimation on navigation directions to see energy estimations and round trip estimate, eg

Will test range and tacc now. Just need to find some other people driving at this time ;-)

Update: range was a little ambitious in short drive for down the hill where I live. Actual vs estimated:
View attachment 68648

The the uphill return trip was very accurate:
View attachment 68649

Few other things I noticed
1) omg, the end of the cruise control stick rotates. Hadn't noticed this before. It is used to set distance from vehicle you're following when using tacc. Overall tacc as expected, great that it works to a stop.
2) I couldn't get the vehicle proximity sensors to show automatically when moving forward into garage on large display (similar to when you reverse now). I did make this work manually by enabling rear camera and then touch the parking icon on it.
3) auto-dimming headlights (from main beam / brights) needs some tuning. Works ok for oncoming cars, though they get a little close before the dimming occurs. Also, meant to dim when in street lit area - that worked occasionally at best.

Overall, love the update. Thank you Tesla software team. Looking forward to more updates! :)

Smart Conditioning too

Thank you TM!! 6.1 gives many people what they have been looking for (discussing) for quite some time. I believe the 'beta' people are discussing ONLY refers to the Smart Conditioning. Thus, in effect we are all beta testers. I am not sure how this feature will work though. How long will it take to learn your behavior? Will you have to turn on the ventilation system at precisely the same time every day (and for how many days) to get it to learn your behviour. Believe me, I am not complaining, it is a great feature.

As to the valet mode. I will wait for the 7.0. Wish it were here but it is tough to complain when so many other great features are present.

Heck, I don't need it to be smart. I leave for work M-F at 7:20. I leave work usually about 5:10 (though that time is less reliable). The weekend is a crap shoot, but I would put in for a Saturday departure around 8:00. I would be happier to just program it.

Heck, I don't need it to be smart. I leave for work M-F at 7:20. I leave work usually about 5:10 (though that time is less reliable). The weekend is a crap shoot, but I would put in for a Saturday departure around 8:00. I would be happier to just program it.

I agree. While 'smart' is very high tech for many it would be easier just to program the car yourself.

I agree. While 'smart' is very high tech for many it would be easier just to program the car yourself.

I have to assume this is the start of a more sophisticated system because otherwise it's just plain crazy. If it only works for people who make a regular journey between two well-known locations, to an easily predictable timetable, then by definition those same people are the ones who could easily fill in their timetable in using a simple schedule UI.

It's the people who have irregular driving habits who need something smart, and basing that off the calendar would make sense. Isn't that part of what Nest does with home heating?

My old Windows Mobile phone had a feature where it went into silent mode whenever my calendar showed I was "busy" so I took to setting up regular appointments for "at work" (I wanted it on silent all the time at the office). If there was a known way of putting "heat the car" instructions into my calendar I'd gladly do it, either by creating appointments for the period where heating should be active, or by using a keyword in the body of any appointment that the car needed pre-heating in advance of.

Interesting. But perhaps with the upcoming torque sleep giving you 10% back then the numbers will match? Or did you already account for that in your test?

I have to assume this is the start of a more sophisticated system because otherwise it's just plain crazy.It's the people who have irregular driving habits who need something smart, and basing that off the calendar would make sense.

At the unveiling of Elon's D he did say his ultimate pipe dream is to have the car check your calendar for appointments, estimate travel time to the listed location and be waiting for you at your front door, heater or airconditioner running. I see this as laying the ground work for that.

If there was a known way of putting "heat the car" instructions into my calendar I'd gladly do it, either by creating appointments for the period where heating should be active, or by using a keyword in the body of any appointment that the car needed pre-heating in advance of.

The idea of leaving subliminal messages because my car reads my calendar made me giggle