Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2.0.77 to .81 update took about 65 to 75 minutes on the D also had an eta of 45 minutes

Edit: at the 75 minute mark now... still "Update in progress"

Last edited:
I got the update notification yesterday, and scheduled the update for last night. Woke up earlier than usual to check what I got. :)

I was worried that the white guidelines do not show up properly on snow (which there will be on the ground for at least 4 more months here), but they seem to show reasonably well. Now if they just could come up with a way to keep the reverse camera lens clean..

TeslaReverseGuide.jpg

I'm not even going back to the garage until wk057 says his is done. Its cold out there.

That's because yours has started, so you don't have to. I'm willing to bet my garage is colder than your garage, and I've been out there several times already, and am going out again now, hoping to be able to start mine! (Get out the tiny violins.)

Edit: I have the update! Just realized, though, that I was so excited, and so cold, that I came back inside without actually seeing that it was updating, after starting the countdown timer. So I guess I'm going out one more time. The dog already thinks I've lost my mind!

Update finished on the D. Looks the same as the previous autopilot ready non-D cars in terms of the release notes. No new D specific things mentioned. No new D specific settings that I've come across so far on the controls/settings screens. No new acceleration mode.

Took right around two hours to finish the update from the time it actually said updating to the last reset.

Looking forward to trying out the new features in this release, but not so much that I'm going to stay up to take a spin right now :biggrin:

Last edited:
Update finished on the D. Looks the same as the previous autopilot ready non-D cars in terms of the release notes. No new D specific things mentioned. No new D specific settings that I've come across so far on the controls/settings screens.

Took right around two hours to finish the update from the time it actually said updating to the last reset.

Thanks for the information. Not the news we were hoping for, but thank you for delivering it. (I can go to sleep now, even if my rear motor can't yet!)

Fell asleep when it was 90 minutes into updating.

Woke up, it was done. No normal mode and my quick highway drive reveals no obvious efficiency improvement. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Release notes look the same as everyone else with autopilot hardware.

v6.1 (2.2.92)