Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been tricking my "update is coming" notification trigger I have on my router that triggers when the P85D downloads a substantial amount of data over the VPN connection in a short period (via WiFi). There must be something else being updated that is a few MB or so every now and then that isn't an OTA update. I was thinking the destination/supercharger lists... but the last data burst was like 9MB on the wire. Seems like a lot for a charger list, so wonder what my car is downloading...

Phantom music?

Tesla has been tricking my "update is coming" notification trigger I have on my router that triggers when the P85D downloads a substantial amount of data over the VPN connection in a short period (via WiFi). There must be something else being updated that is a few MB or so every now and then that isn't an OTA update. I was thinking the destination/supercharger lists... but the last data burst was like 9MB on the wire. Seems like a lot for a charger list, so wonder what my car is downloading...
Whale music so the car rests well.

I just got a notice on my iPhone that a Tesla Software Update is available. It has the latest 6.2 build via OTA.

My car is currently at a Tesla Service Center today getting the windshield replaced because of a rock chip that cracked the glass. I wonder ... could it be? :) It's definitely Thursday somewhere in Elon's world.

- K

I just got a notice on my iPhone that a Tesla Software Update is available. It has the latest 6.2 build via OTA.

My car is currently at a Tesla Service Center today getting the windshield replaced because of a rock chip that cracked the glass. I wonder ... could it be? :) It's definitely Thursday somewhere in Elon's world.

- K

While its certainly possible that there is a final point release of 6.2 that you are getting, it is more likely that disconnecting the front-facing camera to replace the windshield necessitated reprogramming the camera once its on the new windshield and thus, the service center is reloading the "already known" 6.2 firmware (was that 2.5.86 or something?).

- K

Yeah, some customers have reported that they have gotten software update notifications at the SC even when on the latest firmware. I wouldn't cross my fingers that it's 7.0.

While its certainly possible that there is a final point release of 6.2 that you are getting, it is more likely that disconnecting the front-facing camera to replace the windshield necessitated reprogramming the camera once its on the new windshield and thus, the service center is reloading the "already known" 6.2 firmware (was that 2.5.86 or something?).

Well you're probably right. It's funny though that I got the software update message around noon. Then, around 3:30pm, I talked to the service center and they informed me the windshield has not yet been replaced because the windshield subcontractor has not shown up yet, so they need to keep my car another day. That's fine-- I have a P85+ loaner in bright red that is quite sexy. Perhaps the strategy is to try to get them to keep it until Thursday (hint hint) and have them upgrade to the latest firmware for me. :)

- K