Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if this is real, expect a 2.9x 0-60 MPH time, I already got 3.04 from the previous 6.2 release....

Unless, as I tried to say earlier, they already put the 0-60, 3.2 to 3.1 improvement in the last firmware update, but just hadn't documented it. In which case this firmware update, which updates other things, does not actually update the 0-60 time, but does catch-up the documentation on the 0-60 time improvement made in the last firmware update.

We have definitely seen Tesla document features and changes late in the past. I think this is more likely than that they updated the 0-60 times twice, in two different firmware versions, trying for a .1 second improvement.

I'd love to be wrong.

they didn't.... my previous best on v6.1 was 3.07.......

Unless, as I tried to say earlier, they already put the 0-60, 3.2 to 3.1 improvement in the last firmware update, but just hadn't documented it. In which case this firmware update, which updates other things, does not actually update the 0-60 time, but does catch-up the documentation on the 0-60 time improvement made in the last firmware update.

We have definitely seen Tesla document features and changes late in the past. I think this is more likely than that they updated the 0-60 times twice, in two different firmware versions, trying for a .1 second improvement.

I'd love to be wrong.

baaa15280070e579fed10753d2fcff22.jpg

17868b81a478f39b1e1ad051fc3f387b.jpg

Thanks for posting the screenshots, jweinstein!

- - - Updated - - -

they didn't.... my previous best on v6.1 was 3.07.......

OK, good to know.

There had been some debate over that, as some claimed there was an improvement in the 0-60 times at the same time that they increased the max speed to 155 MPH. I actually thought your tests showed the improvement, but I must have been mistaken.