Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware or Vaporware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Oct 2016.....Dec 2016...February, March April, May, June....next week....next month....next week....tomorrow.....

I'm a fanboy but the delay for our AP2 update are beginning to remind me of a childhood story.....

IMG_1636.JPG

My car is a Dec 2013 build so I've avoided all the AP1/AP2 angst. But for absolute sure, if/when I replace the S with a Model 3 (or, a lottery win allows me another S), if APx hardware is included but the s/w "won't be quite ready until next week", I won't be purchasing the AP option. I'll take the $500 or whatever hit purchasing that option later, when there's actually something to purchase.

I think if you are buying the car and you plan on keeping it for a while, you might as well buy EAP if you want it. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my auto wipers.
If you are happy with what it does today and want it, absolutely get it. If you are buying in hoping for some functionality not there today, there is no guarantee it will be working by the time you sell your car (or it turns into dust of old age), so "might as well buy" only applies if you have faith or it's not a large sum of money for you, so "might as well".

Driving back from the Service Center, AP did seem smoother.

The release claims to support perpendicular parking, but I couldn't get it to trigger in several shopping center parking lots.

Biggest surprise was a recalculation of the current charge level in rated miles - before the update 90% for our S 100D was usually 307-309 miles of rated range. After the first 90% charge, that's dropped to 301 - which could reduce the 100% charge from 344 (measured by multiple S 100D owners) to around 335, which is what Tesla has posted on their website.

Biggest surprise was a recalculation of the current charge level in rated miles - before the update 90% for our S 100D was usually 307-309 miles of rated range. After the first 90% charge, that's dropped to 301 - which could reduce the 100% charge from 344 (measured by multiple S 100D owners) to around 335, which is what Tesla has posted on their website.

This part is really interesting to me. I was going to mention in my back-to-back 70D vs 100D road trips that I thought the 100D was burning through rated miles noticeably faster than the 70D, but I chalked that up to just the 100D being heavier. It seems like perhaps the current rated miles are a bit inflated.

Driving back from the Service Center, AP did seem smoother.

The release claims to support perpendicular parking, but I couldn't get it to trigger in several shopping center parking lots.

I guess it was too good to be true... :)