Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today, still no change. I'm trying REAL hard to be the shepherd.

My IDS emailed me this past Monday. He asked me to contact him Thursday (today) or Friday this week for an update and talk about next steps.

I just got off the phone with him. No update. Same 'mid-April build timeline' status. I even brought up that he said 4/22 last time. To which he said, yes looks about that still. No VIN yet. No talk of next steps. So basically, no change.

Meanwhile, just so I could start regaining some of the excitement I had (and it had been dwindling fast), I decided to order a full set of premium mats for front and rear seats and trunk, and weather mats for the frunk, and an extra J1772 adapter since I will be so dependent upon a J1772 charge station at home. I ordered them Sunday. My card was hit 2 days ago for the full amount of $746. The site says they normally ship items out within 1-3 days. I haven't received any shipping information or status of my order other than it was placed since then.

At this point, it just feels like Tesla is messing with me.

My IDS emailed me this past Monday. He asked me to contact him Thursday (today) or Friday this week for an update and talk about next steps.

I just got off the phone with him. No update. Same 'mid-April build timeline' status. I even brought up that he said 4/22 last time. To which he said, yes looks about that still. No VIN yet. No talk of next steps. So basically, no change.

Meanwhile, just so I could start regaining some of the excitement I had (and it had been dwindling fast), I decided to order a full set of premium mats for front and rear seats and trunk, and weather mats for the frunk, and an extra J1772 adapter since I will be so dependent upon a J1772 charge station at home. I ordered them Sunday. My card was hit 2 days ago for the full amount of $746. The site says they normally ship items out within 1-3 days. I haven't received any shipping information or status of my order other than it was placed since then.

At this point, it just feels like Tesla is messing with me.
It is very apparent they are ONLY making 85s through the end of the month. It is my guess they make an extra $8k on each of those cars so that is where the money is. Even though you have all the right stuff, (I didnt order the AAS) you are placed aside. But I also believe that next Monday, they will begin taking care of the rest of us LOYAL LONG TIME ORDERS and maybe, just maybe they will begin going in sequence including the 60s with and w/o AAS like they said they would. It is all about the money.

On my last call, I also got mention of a 4/22 date. I believe they said it would be the earliest my car would be produced. (This is better than the "May/June" time frame I had heard previously).

Seeing it here makes me think that they've planned to do non-60s through the first part of the month. But it's a guess.

Thing is what's built now won't make a Q1 difference since they can't book the sale when it's WIP. so I understood the 85 focus through last weekend. But no market reasons they should now. It's all Q2 money now.
Everything being delivered though today will be included in Q1, maybe even tomorrow. Most car dealers keep their books open a few days into the next month to report additional sales, but they could legally report any car actually delivered, BOOKED through Monday as a sale for the month. However you are probably correct, if they are changing their MO then probably they started working the new production schedule this week. Lets hope so.

@jomo25: yeah...my excitement level has been like a sine wave. I called as well and got the....well, you should be getting a call from your DS soon. they said that 3 weeks ago. but alas, we are the neglected younger children as the older children are bringing in more bux. I try not to think about the car anymore and focus on work (i really need to), except the people who know i am getting this car keep commenting how they keep seeing the car on the road (them: "ooh..saw a Model S on a flatbed truck, is it yours??" me: "no. argh!")

I am busy now trying to see if my condo supports a 14-50 outlet. Have an electrician coming over today to take a look and see if it is, and whether i need to add one in, figure out the breaker system, and the costs of whatever needs to be done.....oh...and putting together a proposal for the HOA to approve. Pain.

Aslo talked to Southern California Edison (electric company)... seems i get screwed if i move over to the House+EV Car rate, which is 2 tiers... am in 5 tier rate now, and it seems...cheaper.

The main reason I'm still waiting is my HOA. I couldnt commit without knowing they would let me install a means to charge. I had been working with them for over a year. They had the capacity, but were just a bunch of FUD fearing folks who were worried the car would explode while charging. I finally got them to approve with a bunch of stipulations, with some help from Walter Franck of Tesla last month. That's why I couldn't commit to order. Otherwise I would have finalized back in January, if not even earlier. And waiting because of them just made me miss the cutoff of the run of 60s they did earlier.

Good luck with your HOA. If you run into any issues let me know. I will offer any advice that might be useful to you.

The electrician came by and said that my breaker subpanel is full and he can't touch the main panel. I would need to upgrade the subpanel (he quoted $650 to do that), and then he could wire through the attic and into the garage ($850 for labor). Ouch!!! if I don't opt for the upgrade, he said he could wire the plug to the same breaker as my electric oven (as long as I didn't use the oven while the car is charging). he did say that since it is all internal (through the internal walls and attic), I shouldn't need HOA approval. this is getting a bit more complicated than I realized....

The electrician came by and said that my breaker subpanel is full and he can't touch the main panel. I would need to upgrade the subpanel (he quoted $650 to do that), and then he could wire through the attic and into the garage ($850 for labor). Ouch!!! if I don't opt for the upgrade, he said he could wire the plug to the same breaker as my electric oven (as long as I didn't use the oven while the car is charging). he did say that since it is all internal (through the internal walls and attic), I shouldn't need HOA approval. this is getting a bit more complicated than I realized....

What is max load on circuit you have now and how much does the oven use? Sharing the circuit probably not ideal but if you charge at night, it's unlikely someone would be using the oven at the same time.

Piggy backing on a breaker is illegal and very dangerous, I would think a subpanel would be your best bet, I installed a subpanel and ran a 100 amp HPWC an extra 50 amp for my bus and an extra 30 amp for my plazma cutter as well as a few duplex plugs just to have more 110 outlets in the garage.

My VIN has finally revealed itself via the iPhone app!! My Grey 60kWH beauty is alive!!

I had called into Tesla earlier this week to check in on things and was finally given a more dialed in delivery date of March 30th thru April 12th. Not going to meet the original Feb/March when I finalized, but I guess that is one of the drawbacks of ordering a 60 and not an 85. I ran to my computer to see if the "Delivery" button was available but it has not yet appeared. Regardless, since we haven't seen much in the way of "delivery details" from my fellow 60ers I thought I should share.

Reservation #: 15,306
Order Finalized: 1.21.13
VIN: P07605 - appeared 3.29.13
Delivery: TBD

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery, but given I reside in Kansas City, I fear I've added another week or so waiting on the damned delivery truck! Any other 60's get an update today?

My VIN has finally revealed itself via the iPhone app!! My Grey 60kWH beauty is alive!!

I had called into Tesla earlier this week to check in on things and was finally given a more dialed in delivery date of March 30th thru April 12th. Not going to meet the original Feb/March when I finalized, but I guess that is one of the drawbacks of ordering a 60 and not an 85. I ran to my computer to see if the "Delivery" button was available but it has not yet appeared. Regardless, since we haven't seen much in the way of "delivery details" from my fellow 60ers I thought I should share.

Reservation #: 15,306
Order Finalized: 1.21.13
VIN: P07605 - appeared 3.29.13
Delivery: TBD

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery, but given I reside in Kansas City, I fear I've added another week or so waiting on the damned delivery truck! Any other 60's get an update today?

Congrats on getting your VIN!! At least we know now that some will be getting their 60s delivered in the next few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

What is max load on circuit you have now and how much does the oven use? Sharing the circuit probably not ideal but if you charge at night, it's unlikely someone would be using the oven at the same time.

Since my work has 6 J chargers (240V/30A) that employees can use (3 hours per day limit), I'll probably end up charging at work, and using the 110V in the garage to maintain whatever charge I have on the car (don't want vampire drain overnight). I'll see how that works for a bit, before I decide on the upgrade to my subpanel. it also gives me time to save and think it through.

Another about face by Tesla. Now I'm supposed to have my car in about a week. I'm glad I went ahead and sold my current car. I signed up for delivery at the service center, but I was just told that they are so backed up on deliveries that my only option is to have it delivered to my house. I don't really care. I just want the car. @Btrfly: 60, pearl white, grey leather, tech, pano, 19", air suspension, parcel shelf. I already have my Lloyds mats ready to go. I'll have a clear bra and tint done locally.

Data Point: Just received an email today from the person assigned as my DS in follow up to my question about when to expect my car. Though I don't have a delivery button or VIN yet he said my car would hit the line around the beginning of the second week of April and assured me it would be delivered by May 8 at the latest. Looks like the log jam on the 60s is breaking up.

Re-finalized Feb 6: 60 + sc early adopter, silver, pano, tan + om, air, tech, sound

Data Point: Just received an email today from the person assigned as my DS in follow up to my question about when to expect my car. Though I don't have a delivery button or VIN yet he said my car would hit the line around the beginning of the second week of April and assured me it would be delivered by May 8 at the latest. Looks like the log jam on the 60s is breaking up.

Re-finalized Feb 6: 60 + sc early adopter, silver, pano, tan + om, air, tech, sound
Great to hear, ddruz! For clarification, the 5/8 date is arrival date in HI? Or the date it would start its trip to you? Dates for mine, unofficial as they are, are about a week ahead (start of prod and roll off the line ready for shipment).

Since my work has 6 J chargers (240V/30A) that employees can use (3 hours per day limit), I'll probably end up charging at work, and using the 110V in the garage to maintain whatever charge I have on the car (don't want vampire drain overnight). I'll see how that works for a bit, before I decide on the upgrade to my subpanel. it also gives me time to save and think it through.

Sounds like a good plan. I think you may find you will want to upgrade down the road. It's nice to be able to charge somewhat quickly after a trip at home even if it's not something you do often. Congrats on it being so close to delivery.