Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 60s should be flowing like crazy in April. Tesla has already satisfied just about everyone who ordered an 85 in the US, including standard suspension, and will crank out the 60s for a bit. April may see production completely catch up for the 60s, even with the factory building 750+ Red Teslas.

i hope that is true for the sake of us 60s reservers! Havent heard very many 60s people geting VINs (unless they are not speaking about it).

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a good plan. I think you may find you will want to upgrade down the road. It's nice to be able to charge somewhat quickly after a trip at home even if it's not something you do often. Congrats on it being so close to delivery.

Thanks and yes I will definitely return to this issue once I figure out my electricity usage with the car. And I really havent been told my car will be ready. I just hope that it is April, but will see what I get (if anyone contacts me from Tesla).

i hope that is true for the sake of us 60s reservers! Havent heard very many 60s people geting VINs (unless they are not speaking about it).

You are completely correct. Reporting of VINs in general is becoming really sparse. Since 3/20, I've only seen four VINs posted for 60s:

Sequence# VIN#
13571 7850 Delivered 3/21
15306 7605
15925 6628 Delivered 3/15
19325 8714 Delivered 3/30

Given the wide range of sequence numbers, going all the way up to 19325, it would appear that Tesla is producing 60s, but people just aren't reporting it.

So, who on this forum is still waiting for a 60 in a color other than Red? (US only) What date did you finalize? Do you have a Reservation Sequence # (please provide)? Have you received your delivery questionnaire?

You are completely correct. Reporting of VINs in general is becoming really sparse. Since 3/20, I've only seen four VINs posted for 60s:

Sequence# VIN#
15306 7605

Given the wide range of sequence numbers, going all the way up to 19325, it would appear that Tesla is producing 60s, but people just aren't reporting it.

So, who on this forum is still waiting for a 60 in a color other than Red? (US only) What date did you finalize? Do you have a Reservation Sequence # (please provide)? Have you received your delivery questionnaire?

My configuration is listed below, and I finalized on Jan. 2nd. No delivery Window or questionnaire yet.

Sequence# VIN#
15306 7605

Sequence number 5810 with Vin number 7767 60 kwh (but RED!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, forgot about this thread. VIN 4991, delivered on 3/27. Silver 60 kWh with sound upgrade, air suspension, single charger, 19 inch wheels, pano roof, and child seats. Nothing on due bill. Don't recall sequence # any more but it was in the upper 11000s. I think our Tesla got lost for a whole getting shipped to Hawaii, lol.

Sequence# VIN#
15306 7605

Haven't heard anything yet. I sent off an email this morning to see if anyone can give me an update. My details should be in my sig below.

Sequence# VIN#
15306 7605

I am expecting a notice in the next few days. I was assured on the phone my car would be completed by Apr 10, however no email confirmations or anything in writing. Will post as soon as I know

I picked up my car yesterday from the factory. VIN 8726 60/ blue/ gray/ air/pano. They were very busy getting Teslas out. Matter of fact one of the Structure Engineers did our prep. He said it was all hand on deck and several of the Engineers were helping with delivery. Dan was pleasant, knowledable and admitted when he wasn't sure of how some features worked then got the answers for us.

I was surprised when they said they were only running one 8 hour shift M-F and are still on track to produce 20k cars this year. Someone on the tour asked that specific question. Great tour, if you have a chance to do it I say go for it.

I picked up my car yesterday from the factory. VIN 8726 60/ blue/ gray/ air/pano. They were very busy getting Teslas out. Matter of fact one of the Structure Engineers did our prep. He said it was all hand on deck and several of the Engineers were helping with delivery. Dan was pleasant, knowledable and admitted when he wasn't sure of how some features worked then got the answers for us.

I was surprised when they said they were only running one 8 hour shift M-F and are still on track to produce 20k cars this year. Someone on the tour asked that specific question. Great tour, if you have a chance to do it I say go for it.

congrats on getting your car!!! do you know if there were many 60s on hand to give the rest of us a glimmer of hope ours will be coming soon? :biggrin:

I can't say for sure about other 60's coming down the line, but I would be surprise if they weren't. My delivery window was 3/29-4/15 and they were pushing for me to take delivery this weekend. Even though we were able to walk around you couldn't get close to the cars. It'll happen sooner than you think. My husband and I have been having fun this weekend getting to know my Tesla.

Sequence# VIN#
15306 7605

14341, finalized 1/18 (air, gray/black)
Delivery questionnaire, 3/8
Completed paperwork, 3/28: VIN 7609
Final payment, 4/1
Delivery, 4/11 (Chicago service center)

Thanks for the new info!

@Jive_devil has a std susp - I don't think I've seen any 60s delivered yet with that. Because the car mass is different, the suspension may be a much different design from the 85.

In talking with my Tesla Delivery rep, he mentioned that there would be no delay going forward with cars with standard suspensions, and that the team was very comfortable building that configuration. However, he also mentioned that the last few weeks there was a big push on 85s and that they expected the line to be slowing down/producing cars more in a more regular fashion in April. Lastly, there was probably a chance that the line would be taken down after that big push to make adjustments to the line. Perhaps this means better panel fit, and the normalization of the new vents, among other things, for post-March cars, but that would be speculation on my part.