Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Colorado Supercharger location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> There was an asphalt trailer in one of the supercharger spots on the return trip. [Beavis]

Was it up against the fenced-in transformer? That slot is NOT part of the SC actually. They brought it back around 4pm and subsequently all the SC slots around me were ICEed one by one. Sat nite lots of activity on the Marriott Campus. Nice neighborhood to walk around with navigator and also to pedal circus bike. Had 11 hours to kill waiting for Denver Service to pick up my dead MS and deliver a P85(!) for me to drive back home. Always a good idea to carry amusements in the MS. I drove 200 miles arriving at 12:30 for the group event, backed into an SC slot, and that was the end of my 12 volt supply!! Luckily I had lowered the windows with the last of the 12v power- one of the front windows I could just reach in and move the latch (rear door latches are electric).

Well after dark had a long conversation with the ICE guy parked next to me. Then at 11pm SilTronIX (?) from Denver showed up for a Super Charging in his silver MS. Lucky for him the ICE guy was there to open up a slot. Otherwise would have been difficult to have desk clerk look thru all the registrations by plate number to find an ICE to move their car. This is a reverse ICE situation as compared to a Mall SC. At midnight Denver Service showed up with my ride and hauled away my dead MS. Driver plus 2 honchos in the pickup + nice aluminum flatbed drove the 175 miles on a Sat night to rescue me (bless them all!). Bus full of wedding party guests arrived back at the same time we were loading. More festivities and Tesla-talking to close out the day. No one seemed in a rush to head back home!

dead.MS.at.GlenwoodCO.SC.jpg

--

Wow. I hate that the 12V continues to be a problem. The service center called me a couple of months ago and told me they needed to load a software fix to address a 12V issue because the car had sent them a warning message. Nevertheless, I am always wondering if my 12V will be next.

Back on topic...yes, it was parked next to what I now know is the transformer. In hindsight, you are right. It wasn't blocking a supercharger because the charger was on the passenger side of the parking spot. You are more perceptive than I am or maybe just had way more time hanging around than I did.

Oh, I almost forgot:

Say, thats a nice bike. - YouTube

Last edited:
> splitting a burrito [s285blue]

And thanx for that - next one's on me!! :smile:

Unwritten Requirement for all SCs: There shall be both: 1. A Burrito Joint and 2. A Java Joint within one thousand feet radius of proposed Super Charger location.
--

There was an asphalt trailer in one of the supercharger spots on the return trip. Not a big deal in the middle of the day but I am worried that the stations are too close to the hotel and they will be iced in the evenings.

I stopped by the Glenwood Springs superchargers this weekend. You are right that the supercharger spots are quite close to the hotel. OTOH maybe people are starting to figure out those are special parking spots. I stopped by around 7:45 PM on Saturday and again around 10:30 AM on Sunday and there was one ICE SUV in one of the spots both the times but that spot was clearly marked as open parking outside the hours of 12 PM - 8 PM. 4 spots marked as EV parking only were open both times.

Got an email from Tesla today about the opening at Silverthorne. Excerpt below:

We are excited to announce our second Supercharger location in Colorado. This newest addition to the Tesla Supercharger network will open Thursday, October 3rd in Silverthorne, CO. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our Colorado community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with us.

When:
Thursday, October 3rd at 10am

Where:
Silverthorne Supercharger
309 Rainbow Drive
Silverthorne, CO 80498
(In the Outlets at Silverthorne Green Village next to Under Armour)