Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Colorado Supercharger location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Andrew at Park Meadows confirmed that the Glenwood station is operational and that there will be no formal ribbon cutting. So let's hold our own celebration and meet up there for a gam and some electrons.

Sounds like Saturday is the favored day; my tentative plan is to arrive at the Glenwood Superchargers between noon and 1pm. Who else is in?

This could be fun! I have been fighting the flood for the last week, and could use a road trip. Saturday sounds pretty good!

Glenwood Springs Supercharger is on on the Tesla web site! Heaven forbid, and as a fall back, Ami's Acres, has 50-Amp hookups; we won't be stranded.

OK, I will throw out a plan for Saturday:

1. 9:30am or so - Meet for Coffee at Red Buffalo Coffee and Tea in Silvethorne and check out the Supercharger status nearby.
  2. Convoy or just enjoy the drive to Glenwood, meeting at the Supercharges at noon or so.
  3. Because it is approximately 180 miles for most front range drivers to Glenwood, many of us will want to take on a good solid charge for the return. Worst case, that is an hour each on the Supercharger. Because there are only 4 stalls in Glenwood, this may take a while. Bring your swimsuit, Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, Pool and Spa is about two miles away. If some MS's are not charging, we can use them to shuttle over to the hot springs.
Please critique and offer suggestions to this plan. If you want to join the adventure, PM me with your cell phone number and e-mail. I will e-mail the info list to participants Friday PM with cell phone numbers and e-mails.

I need to rise above the flood waters and have a fun day! :biggrin:

Silverthorne.png

Glenwood.png

Good plan, Cottonwood. Also note that Red Buffalo is just across the street from the best breakfast/lunch place in Silverthorne, the funky Mountain Lyon Cafe. If it turns out there are a bunch of us, we can stagger our arrival at Glenwood if some folks stick around for brunch while others head on over the hill.

Good plan, Cottonwood. Also note that Red Buffalo is just across the street from the best breakfast/lunch place in Silverthorne, the funky Mountain Lyon Cafe. If it turns out there are a bunch of us, we can stagger our arrival at Glenwood if some folks stick around for brunch while others head on over the hill.

Sounds like a good suggestion! Meet at Mountain Lyon Cafe, Silverthorne, CO at 9:30am or so on Saturday.

I was up there yesterday & took pictures. This does not look right for the location.

I think you're right, Kevin. Looks like Beavis's pics must be from Glenwood. But I count at least six pedestals and Cottonwood claimed there were only four bays.

UPDATE: I matched the photos to Google Street View: definitely Glenwood. So, the good news is that there are at least six charging bays in Glenwood! Silverthorne has yet to be verified.

I was up there yesterday & took pictures. This does not look right for the location.

I think you're right, Kevin. Looks like Beavis's pics must be from Glenwood. But I count at least six pedestals and Cottonwood claimed there were only four bays.

UPDATE: I matched the photos to Google Street View: definitely Glenwood. So, the good news is that there are at least six charging bays in Glenwood! Silverthorne has yet to be verified.

Take a look at Glenwood Springs Supercharger where it says "Charging Stalls – 4."

Sorry for the confusion. That is definitely Glenwood Springs. Yes, it has more than 4 stalls. FYI, don't eat at Double Dog Brewery. Meh.

PS, supercharging is awesome. I arrived in GW Springs with 80 miles of range after a max charge at home in Parker. Tessie had 230 miles before we finished a very bad sandwich at the Pub and made it to Telluride with very little drama. How easy is this?

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. That is definitely Glenwood Springs. Yes, it has more than 4 stalls. FYI, don't eat at Double Dog Brewery. Meh.

PS, supercharging is awesome. I arrived in Silverthorne with 80 miles of range after a max charge at home in Parker. Tessie had 230 miles before we finished a very bad sandwich at the Pub and made it to Telluride with very little drama. How easy is this?

"I arrived in Silverthorne with 80 miles of range..."

Cut it out, Beavis! You're messing with our heads again. Repeat after me:"I promise never to write 'Silverthorne', ever again, when I actually mean 'Glenwood Springs'." :biggrin: