Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This "Hold Steering Wheel" nag might have me regretting the update. Seems I'm having to give the wheel a tug every 30-45 seconds, even when holding it.
But keeping hands on wheel when i'm on autopilot has me asking the question, am i driving the car or is it driving me? Too bad they couldn't get a natural language processor mated to the car so we could talk to it, and then ask it this philosphical question....

Still waiting for version 8 here in socal...

But keeping hands on wheel when i'm on autopilot has me asking the question, am i driving the car or is it driving me? Too bad they couldn't get a natural language processor mated to the car so we could talk to it, and then ask it this philosphical question....

Still waiting for version 8 here in socal...
Also one more: why is it bad to have your hands on the wheel. AP removes alot of stress in bumper to bumper 40-60 mile commutes here in socal...

IMG_1238.PNG

Also one more: why is it bad to have your hands on the wheel. AP removes alot of stress in bumper to bumper 40-60 mile commutes here in socal...
It's more of a matter of having your hands on the wheel but still getting the nag, forcing you to tug the wheel to confirm.

After going through all the other updates, I may be able to live with it, but it's pretty annoying, regardless.

Installed 8.0 and just took my first drive. Haven't tried AP too much as it's rush hour here and I have no need to be on the interstate.

• FWDs are MUCH faster. Huge difference.
  • Like the new UI - the nav bar going away when car is in motion makes the screen real estate much more useful.
  • On the fence on the new media center:
    • Like the audiosearch - that's cool
    • USB still has to reload/rebuild every time you get in the car. Boo.
    • Radio song album covers don't seem to be working (for me)
    • There seems to be a bug with the UI and playing from a Bluetooth source. The time/song length bar freezes. I tried resetting the main screen to no avail.
    • BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY REMOVED THE AUDIO SOURCE SCROLL! Why in the @$%# would they remove this from the right scroll? You can still do climate, contacts and everything else - but the ONE thing I actually used is gone. So, switching from one audio source to another is 2-3 clicks, minimum on the main screen as you go down the highway. BRING THIS BACK PLEASE.

So, other than the UI song length bar freezing, everything seems to work. Will try AP this afternoon.

Adam

I got it and went for a quick half hour drive. The Release notes state that search works with the USB now, so I wanted to check that.

But...

In the half hour, my USB managed to load to only 57%, so I never got to actually check the search. Becuase it didn't finish loading it will start again next time.

So basically, for any drive less than an hour, USB is no longer available to me, and for longer drives I have to wait for the first hour to use it. Unbelievable!