TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

first tesla taxi quebec city canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 007 martin, Jan 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 007 martin

007 martin Member

the original article was in french but some one did the translation ,,,,, that is the bomb over there everybody is talking about it i made a promise to the taxi owner that i will post this on tesla forum i am from quebec city and i am so proud of this ....first tesla taxi tesla is going strong in the province the Quebec ... bravo

first tesla taxi quebec city canada

2. 007 martin

007 martin Member

the original article picture an all translate

:smile: this is the famous article all translate with picture

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Note that the end of every line is cut off in the PDF:

First point to address when we started our Discussion: needs charging, of course! Although Tesla can travel more than 400 Kilon

good conditions on a single charge under conditions of "taxi" which means town with plenty of stops (in winter, when arrested, h

continue to heat cockpit) and acceleration, I rather expect an average of 300 KM per charge "normal". Remember that Christian

charge to 100% every day, because it will damage the battery faster term. So Christian begins his day with a load of 90% and mu

be taken into account.

4. Twitch

Twitch New Member

The First TAXI Tesla Model S in North America!

Here is the first fully equipped taxi Tesla Model S in North America. This car is a licensed taxi working in Quebec city equipped with taximeter, mobile radio, GPS dispatching unit, rooflight, etc. The owner purchase the 85KWH model of the Tesla Model S

3860744_orig.jpg
    1583024_orig.jpg
    6100681_orig.jpg
    2812031_orig.jpg
    8096348_orig.jpg
    4835320_orig.jpg
    4138860_orig.jpg
    [​IMG]

Here is the translation of the article (This is a free translation from an article written by Marie-Pier Duplessis, published in Le Soleil newspaper Voitures Électriques: le premier taxi en Amérique à Québec - Maxcomm Radio inc)

5. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

With an SC in LV, its only a matter of time before someone uses a MS as taxi there. Free charging and lots of clientele who'd love to ride in a MS taxi.

6. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I expect Vancouver to have MANY EV Taxis as soon as it's possible. They have pretty much all been Prius' since they came out, with many of the guys having 500,000 - 800,000km on them. Gas is currently Cdn$1.40/liter in the city. I'm sure some will follow this guys lead and just jump into it with a Model S. Great to see!

7. pbrulott

pbrulott Member

Province of Quebec offers $20,000 rebate (instead of $8000) for taxi EV purchase (for the first 50... now 49). Quite an incentive. No sales tax, 20K less on purchase price, 1/10th of the cost in energy to operate (65,000 km per year), no oil change (up to 6 times a year without your car for a couple of hours). What more do you want? free booz maybe :)

8. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

1/10 of the cost of energy? When I've run the numbers it's more like 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of our minivan. I guess electricity is cheaper in Quebec, but still...

9. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Well it might be for a Taxi because of all the idling.

10. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I spoke with a cab driver in Vancouver the other day and he said that him and his partner who share a Prius put 160,000km/year on the vehicle. In BC, cabs can only be a maximum of 6 years old before they must be replaced by law (according to him). They buy a Prius for 35k and sell it for $1800 six years later. I would be curious to see what a Model S with almost a million km on it would sell for after six years and how the battery would be performing in years 4,5,6.

11. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

The Tesla-Taxi driver in Ste-Foy (Quebec) doesn't have a partner, so the vehicle is only single-shifted. With the lower mileage, the battery should hold up fine.

12. Tesss

Tesss Member

13. Tesss

Tesss Member

14. In2oil

In2oil Member

Looks like the picture was taken in levis. Not quebec. City.... Jus saying. Sweet I think it does makes sense. Hope to see more tesla taxi in the future.

15. Tesss

Tesss Member

Lol yah

16. PoweredByRain

PoweredByRain Member

At roughly 200 Wh/km = 5 km/kWh and 7 cents/kWh it's 7 cents for 5 km or 1.4 cents/km. Fuel at $1.40/L and 10L/100 km = 10 km/L is 14 cents/km. There's your factor of ten.

Now, modify the assumptions a whole bunch of ways and you can get a much different factor. In the United States, for example, electricity can be 4 times as expensive, and fuel is less than 3/4 as expensive. Compare against a fuel-efficient car on the highway and you get a very different factor.

http://www.hydroquebec.com/publications/en/comparison_prices/pdf/comp_2013_en.pdf
    Montreal 6.87 cents/kWh
    San Francisco 22.94 cents/kWh

17. Tesss

Tesss Member

18. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

19. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member