Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla With New HRE P101s!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got new HRE P101s (21") put on my MS! This is a new wheel from HRE (101 in mono block). They've only shipped a few sets of this wheel for any car (they just came out) and mine is the first Tesla. However (and I found this interesting), Tesla Motors ordered a set apparently for test purposes.

These wheels save 50 POUNDS off the car's weight. They are very light and I'm sure will increase range.

hre1.jpg

hre2.jpg

I just got new HRE P101s (21") put on my MS! This is a new wheel from HRE (101 in mono block). They've only shipped a few sets of this wheel for any car (they just came out) and mine is the first Tesla. However (and I found this interesting), Tesla Motors ordered a set apparently for test purposes. These wheels save 50 POUNDS off the car's weight. They are very light and I'm sure will increase range.

Beautiful! I recently ran across these on the HRE website and am very happy to see them on a Model S. Could you share where you bought them and also their exact specs (size, hub diameter, offset, staggered?, weight per wheel)?

Very Hot! How much? Are the rears the same 245/35 or can you get 275's? BTW your calipers are now screaming, "paint me red"!

The set (without tires) was $9600. The fronts are 245/35s and the rears are 285/30s.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful! I recently ran across these on the HRE website and am very happy to see them on a Model S. Could you share where you bought them and also their exact specs (size, hub diameter, offset, staggered?, weight per wheel)?

I actually bought them directly from HRE and visited their factory here in San Diego.

They are 21" x 9" and +25mm offset and 21" x 10" and +40mm offset. I don't recall the actual weight per wheel but I believe it was 22 or 23lbs and the OEM 21" wheels I had were 36lbs, I believe.

Look great! At about $11,000 for the wheels and tires, I think that is a bit or a big bit too much for many people. I paid $1,800 for the wheels and tires setup (staggered) for my can and was happy with that price. Of course I dont have the weight savings. Beautiful wheels!

That sounds about right for HREs in that size. For changing up the look of the car, that's where the value might kick in. BUT for range extension purposes, there comes a point of diminishing returns and the ROI may take much longer than to achieve than compared to the time most would keep the car.

I have been eyeing two designs and this is one of them, it's so awesome to see it on a Model S! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Taking off 1 pound of weight off of something that rotates is approx the same as taking 2 pounds of static weight off the car.. so if your saving 40-50 pounds overall on the rims + tires combined itself.. that's like taking 80-100 pounds off the car!

Is yours a P85 that came with the staggered factory rims? Just curious if the width that you ordered on the HRE is the same or wider than the factory wheels.. and/or if it's a different offset to make it more "flush" with the fenders.

Cheers!
Larry

I'm a newbie here in every sense - new to the forum and a new Model S owner so I'm really glad to have found this thread.

I thought I had my heart set on the HRE's P40SC after seeing it on Tesla Model S Aftermarket Wheels - Teslarati.com , but now having seen yours I may have a change of heart. Your HRE's look amazing!

Now if I can only justify spending another $10k having already spent a grip load on the car :)