Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First World Problems Extraordinaire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This service trip is starting to worry me. It's been in there for a week now for what was a passenger side mirror issue and window switch. The communication with the SC has been sub par which I was expecting based on other stories. They never call I just get the late afternoon text saying that they need the car for longer. I called them yesterday after getting multiple alerts on my phone of firmware update failed. They said the problem is actually with the right side controller but they are trying to update the firmware on it and it keeps failing, and now they are having a hard time getting in touch with an engineer out in California to work through the firmware issue. Meanwhile the car is basically stuck there now the SC manager said. This wouldn't be such a bad deal if they gave me another Tesla loaner, giving you an ICE car they should be compensating me for gas since I have a 100 mile round trip commute and I'm pumping in all kinds of gas into this thing, the main reason I bought a PEV was because of my commute.

This service trip is starting to worry me. It's been in there for a week now for what was a passenger side mirror issue and window switch. The communication with the SC has been sub par which I was expecting based on other stories. They never call I just get the late afternoon text saying that they need the car for longer. I called them yesterday after getting multiple alerts on my phone of firmware update failed. They said the problem is actually with the right side controller but they are trying to update the firmware on it and it keeps failing, and now they are having a hard time getting in touch with an engineer out in California to work through the firmware issue. Meanwhile the car is basically stuck there now the SC manager said. This wouldn't be such a bad deal if they gave me another Tesla loaner, giving you an ICE car they should be compensating me for gas since I have a 100 mile round trip commute and I'm pumping in all kinds of gas into this thing, the main reason I bought a PEV was because of my commute.
They usually do cover gas, unless they changed their policy for the Model 3 but I haven't heard of any change. You just need to keep your receipts.