Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker won't fail. Sales growing very fast across the world. Sept numbers very impressive

Fisker CEO Identifies Long To-Do List, as 2012 Sales Pass 1,000 | PluginCars.com

Despite these problems, and the long to-do list, Fisker Karma sales continue to edge forward. Posawatz stated, as if scrambling for any sign of good news, "On the retail sales front, we beat our forecasts for September," adding that Fisker sold more than 1,000 Karmas so far in 2012.

September 2012 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card

In so doing the company intimated that sales rose by about 150 units in the US since their last quasi-update last month.

1000 units in ten months is 100 per month. So a rise by 150 units would be a big percentage... BUT: These modest numbers are subject to small number statistics. All it takes is a big dealer order slipping from one month into the next and it would bias the figures. At those sales rates I wouldn't trust monthly figures - quarterly would be more informative.

Fisker won't fail. Sales growing very fast across the world. Sept numbers very impressive
Yes they will. Miserably.

I drove one. I cannot believe they had the gall to sell something like that, so unpolished and poor performing. I can't believe the poor suckers that bought them too.
Plus they have no strategy. It's going to fall very flat. Buyers will realized they got duped. Investors will realize they have no future. Then it's all downhill from there.

That company is going to burn down to worthless ashes... ooop! Actually a few of them already did!

Holy ****. Did I just see three non-Volt owners, in a non-Volt thread, on this forum, commend/defend the Chevrolet Volt?

IMO, the Volt and all gas burning plug-ins are transition cars. The difference is Fisker is now in a different situation given it's price point and the issues they've had. (But as I've said here before, the design is gorgeous.)

I think when these cars work well, they help move us in the right direction. But personally, I love the benefits of leaving the gas tank and gas generator/engine/whatever behind and exclusively pushing battery and electric tech instead.

Fisker will be just fine

At least the Atlantic will be able to scale to 25k 50k ...100k per yr. Will all unfold over the next 2 to 3 years.

Yes they will. Miserably.

I drove one. I cannot believe they had the gall to sell something like that, so unpolished and poor performing. I can't believe the poor suckers that bought them too.
Plus they have no strategy. It's going to fall very flat. Buyers will realized they got duped. Investors will realize they have no future. Then it's all downhill from there.

That company is going to burn down to worthless ashes... ooop! Actually a few of them already did!

I think the actual sales figures as of last week were slightly past the 2,000 mark globally. Also, incidentally, Fisker has raised $1.2B privately, including from a number of savvy institutions beyond the Kleiner Perkins VC type folks. With this next $150M round nearly closed (they've raised over $100M of it already), that will provide them with additional liquidity and staying power to get well into next year (and beyond that if they slow the Atlantic development).

They'll make it.

well, I hope you get your Atlantic. It can't be worse than the Karma and if it is really different it may give Fisker a small chance at staying alive
but 8K is probably not enough

It was a rough year for Fisker...but they made it. If they were to die, it would have have been on or before the election. Sales are improving and so is the Karma. Technology for the Atlantic is very very impressive.

Fisker sell's 1000 to 2000 Karma's this year. That is w/ all the BS press and software fixes etc.
If they get an IPO and a lease program, then they sell 3000 to 5000 next yr. Note: I personally would prefer to lease if I had my druthers.
They will sell 4 Atlantic's for every Karma. So 12k to 20 Atlantic in first full production yr.

from Fiskers page:
"Fisker Atlantic Sedan
Four-door sport sedan with a luxurious and practical interior
Effective April 3, 2012, the deposit amount for the Fisker Atlantic is $5,000 USD.
Delivery dates and MSRP will be announced at a later time"
that is all? A deposit with no price yet, really?
the Surf looks like a Mazda and the Sunset a Z 3 or 4 but maybe better than the rest? all electric maybe?

Sorry, I was going to say sorry about all of the BS press (but not my fault) but the sound of the karma just makes me laugh

S1079

Will the Sunset ever get built?

Re: Atlantic:

Will you stand back and let the engineers do their job?

Can you loose the giant padded box beam that runs down the middle of the car?

How much is it?

When do you anticipate delivery?