Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The interior looks a lot better than the one in the original concept.

In person, the interior is quite nice. Much better than in photos, although I think we can all agree the exterior of the Karma already looks stunning online.

We were there at the Fisker Karma event in Santa Monica last month and posted a huge photo gallery, with as many detail shots as possible. For those interested, you can find it here:

Fisker Karma launch event in Santa Monica « Fisker Buzz — The Fisker Community

We are trying to grow a group of future owners and enthusiasts on our Fisker Karma forum. Would love to see some TMC members join us as well. :smile:

I think we can all agree the exterior of the Karma already looks stunning online.

Not so fast. I think many would say the exterior looks fine except for that goofy grill. I've seen it enough (and perhaps it's been tweaked a little bit) that I'm no longer offended by it, but I still wouldn't say it looks great.

We are trying to grow a group of future owners and enthusiasts on our Fisker Karma forum. Would love to see some TMC members join us as well. :smile:

N.B.: There's also FiskerTalk.com and Fisker Car Forum, the latter of which seems the most up-to-date on Fisker news, though none seem to have much of a forum community. I'm sure there are other Fisker sites as well.

BTW, looks like someone outside the company will finally get to drive the Karma:
Danish Crown Prince First to Drive Fisker Karma | Fisker Car Forum

Not so fast. I think many would say the exterior looks fine except for that goofy grill. I've seen it enough (and perhaps it's been tweaked a little bit) that I'm no longer offended by it, but I still wouldn't say it looks great.

True, styling is always a matter of personal taste and I respect your opinion. That said, Henrik Fisker himself has said that he's glad some don't find his design particularly attractive -- in his eyes it's better to have a decidedly different design than something generic and derivative.

The grille by the way is now a Fisker design signature, carried over from the Tramonto and Latigo CS.

doug said:
N.B.: There's also FiskerTalk.com and Fisker Car Forum, the latter of which seems the most up-to-date on Fisker news, though none seem to have much of a forum community. I'm sure there are other Fisker sites as well.

BTW, looks like someone outside the company will finally get to drive the Karma:
Danish Crown Prince First to Drive Fisker Karma | Fisker Car Forum

You're correct in saying that none of the 3 Fisker forums have much of a community yet, although if you examine a little closer I think you'll see FiskerBuzz.com has the most news coverage. I hope you and others interested in Fisker will find the site useful. :smile:

Apologies for the hotlink, but that grill....

sm104.jpg

brand.gif

I was considering the Fisker Karma as my extended range vehicle to go with my two EVs (Tesla Roadster and Tesla Model S). I think my family does need a long range vehicle that can drive EV most of the time, but has the ability to go long range on a liquid fuel (ethanol, biodiesel, gasoline, etc).

But for some reason the Fisker Karma just looks annoying to me. Sort of like a Jaguar. I agree that the grill doesn't help. But it is more than that.

I am not a fan of the Chevy Volt either.

I currently own a Hymotion Prius Plug-In, so I will give their Plug-In a serious look. But I recall reading that it's pure EV range is only 12 miles.

I wish Audi or Mercedes would try a PHEV with one of their vehicles.

I wish Audi or Mercedes would try a PHEV with one of their vehicles.

Officially, official: Mercedes-Benz Vision S 500 Plug-in hybrid brings big numbers to Frankfurt — Autoblog Green
...News of the Mercedes-Benz S 500 Hybrid has been quickly confirmed by Daimler, with the added information that this is a "near series" concept... The 3.5-liter luxury PHEV will indeed get 73.5 U.S. mpg...
mb-s500-hybrid-large_4-630.jpg

The Mercedes 500 plug-in hybrid
The 500 PHEV. The 500 PHEV ... will surely gain momentum among a certain clientele. The plug-in hybrid should speak to those looking for luxury vehicle with a little bit of fashionable "green" in it.
Technically Speaking. The 500 PHEV will be able to go about 18 miles on electricity alone until the engine kicks in. It's internal combustion engine, ICE will be the 3.5L that should give the car 75.5 mpg, with a CO2 rating is of 74 grams per kilometer, according to the official press release... Mated to a 44kW electric motor, rated at 60hp feeding off of a 10kWh lithium battery pack, the car does a healthy 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds...

Last edited:
Thanks TEG, that Mercedes sounds just about right. 18 miles of EV range for daily driving plus the ability to go long range on fuel, plus the quality and luxury of a Mercedes.

That sounds perfect to me. It would be ideal for my wife. Her job is about 4 miles away. With kids and shopping, I think her average is 10 to 12 miles of driving per day.

You are kidding right? I see this is your first post....

FIRST, the car you "photoshopped" is a Fisker Karma. This forum and thread is for TELSA and Model S respectively.

SECOND, this thread is for REAL Model S colors (as stated in the title)....not "photoshopped" as you put it.

Moderator's note: Moved here because it's not a Model S...

Last edited by a moderator: