TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fisker recall...

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Trnsl8r, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'm not pro-fisker, but I don't see this a huge deal -- they're being proactive. What I DO see as a negative in all of that, is that there's only about 200 something vehicles in the hands of customers; around 150 of those being delivered in the last 2 weeks or so.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Also, it's just a result of slip-shod construction and quality-control gaps; there's nothing here particular to EVs or EV batteries.

4. Johncho

Johncho Member

True, but once media gets hold of it...

5. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

According to this Yahoo! story Fisker has sold 50 and 1200 are either in production or waiting to be sold.

6. kgb

kgb Member

I have to agree. This recall plus the Chevy recall can get blown out of proportion. Ironically, both recalls are in cars with gas engines... coincidence?

It might help TM to be a little proactive on this and explain how their batteries are different than the ones being recalled.

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

These explanations better be one-liners for those people that bought into the hype. How about "Hybrids are fire-prone"? or "Hybrids blow up their battery packs because of frequent charge cycles"?
    Never foreseen I'll sink that low :redface: