Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fitment Industries - BEWARE [charged restocking fee on order that was canceled and never received]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I ordered a set of Aodhan wheels with Continental tires from Fitment Industries. After reading how cheaply made these wheels are, I decided to cancel my order. The reply was that I had to pay a $250 restocking fee. This, with never having received the wheels. I can see a restocking fee if I returned the wheels. Has anyone else here dealt with this scenario? IMHO, this is an unethical way to make money off clients who simply change their mind about ordering a product. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I had set up automatic payments for three months interest free with Affirm. They are billing me $250 after refunding Fitment Industries the rest. Oh well, an expensive mistake I guess.
Can anyone recommend another company to get a wheel and tire package? I am leaning toward Apex EC-7 19".

When I go to Aodhan wheels at Fitment Industries, there are terms right at the bottom of the product page.

Cancellations, Returns, & Order Changes
Cancellations, returns, and changes are subject to a restocking fee (up to 30%), unless the mistake is ours. All items require approval prior to returning and must be in new condition. For our full Cancellation & Return Policy, visit our FAQ Page.

Seems pretty clear, and like the $250 restocking was part of the contract you entered when you ordered the wheels, not an unexpected charge afterwards. It's not even in small print.

Reactions: mgs333 and WyoDude
So, I ordered a set of Aodhan wheels with Continental tires from Fitment Industries. After reading how cheaply made these wheels are, I decided to cancel my order.
Where were you reading this?
The reply was that I had to pay a $250 restocking fee. This, with never having received the wheels. I can see a restocking fee if I returned the wheels. Has anyone else here dealt with this scenario?
Yes this is decently common especially on large or heavy items.

Typically once you buy the process behind the scene is in motion and reality is most companies don’t have systems like Amazon, so there is work to reverse things.

We’ve come to expect free returns and ability to cancel easily but this isn’t universal.

IMHO, this is an unethical way to make money off clients who simply change their mind about ordering a product. Thoughts?
This doesn’t seem unethical to me and this isn’t going to be a profit center for the business. It definitely sucks in your situation and lots of companies move away from this as they get bigger.

Sorry you got bite by this, that sucks 🙁

Reactions: BitJam
And to maybe add to your misery, Aodhans are actually decent wheels. It's what I run as my daily wheels (AFF 7), and have/will autox on them too. They are made the same way that most of the well used Konigs are. Don't know where you heard they are bad, unless you're listening to the "forged only" crowd.