Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flock of Model X's at San Diego prep center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
Just drove by the San Diego Service Center (not the showroom) and saw 10 Model X Signatures in their parking lot.

Looks like they are getting them prepped for delivery to their new owners before the end of the year.

Lots of different colors. Red, White, tan, grey. Black and tan interiors. Different seating configurations and different dash trims.

Liked the Red and white ones the best. The color completely changes the personality of these SUV's and allows the buyer to suit their personality.

The seats look fantastic. Perhaps among the finest seats I have seen in any vehicle.

Some had 2 seats in the middle, and others had 3 across.

Felt fantastic to see so many making it out to the world. Been a long wait, but from what I saw, owners are going to be very very happy.

They were mostly P90D and P90D

There are 3 at Salt Lake City. I was only able to peak in the windows for a minute before I got kicked out of the lot. They all had black leather with black head liners. One had a shiney black trim that wasn't carbon fiber. I wish I got a better look at it - I think I liked it....

Oh wow!!! This got me VERY excited. I would love to see one in person before my turn to configure comes up. I am undecided about color, seat config amongst few other things :/ Hope to see one in the showroom soon!

That's what I thought. Good, I've not yet lost my mind.
Hate to break it to you, but I do not believe that this is sufficient evidence... :)

(off I go to snippiness)

- - - Updated - - -

No, there is a sig owner in Salt Lake City that has a non-P coming. Just 90D.
Interesting. From the ordering site that the Sig reservation holders showed early on, there did not appear to be the option to select the model. It was all P90D. So I'm quite curious how that worked. Is that owner here on the forum? How do you know about this, rdalcanto?

It is possible that someone ordered a Signature 90D for $132,000 in order to get the extra 7 miles. Certainly wasn't an option in the configurator, but maybe a call to Tesla after ordering could make it happen. Seems like a pretty odd decision to make though.

Hate to break it to you, but I do not believe that this is sufficient evidence... :)

(off I go to snippiness)

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. From the ordering site that the Sig reservation holders showed early on, there did not appear to be the option to select the model. It was all P90D. So I'm quite curious how that worked. Is that owner here on the forum? How do you know about this, rdalcanto?

One of the two Kens on the Tesla motors forum claims that his Sig is a 90D. He is going to let me see it when he gets it in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to confirm then....

North Houston Service center has 8 Model X in a good mix of colors. Delivery about to start, but not all will get to customers before the New Year due to customer vacations. Perhaps more impressive is the mass of Model S awaiting delivery.

X North Houston.jpg
X North Houston 2.jpg