Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Font Size Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking the average age of the engineers at Tesla is probably half my age, or less. It will be a long time before they have the trouble, we seniors have. Although I'm an Elon fan, I'm hoping his eyesight degrades soon. If that should happen, we would see font adjustments very quickly.
But you know, it isn't a concern only for older people. My vision, as corrected by my glasses, is 20/20! So unless my eye doctor is an idiot, my vision is as good as it should be for anyone at any age (except for the effects of cataracts that make it a bit harder to drive at night in the face of all the newer cars and trucks with bright lights).

Reactions: drdumont
But you know, it isn't a concern only for older people. My vision, as corrected by my glasses, is 20/20! So unless my eye doctor is an idiot, my vision is as good as it should be for anyone at any age (except for the effects of cataracts that make it a bit harder to drive at night in the face of all the newer cars and trucks with bright lights).
Even the youngest engineer learns at an early age, never to give a presentation to management with yellow text or fonts under 10...

I learned not to do that from watching others...

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Any reports on whether this feature includes the on-screen owner's manual and the web browser? The current text is too small for me to read even while parked.

(The browser is unimportant since phone browsers are better in every way but screen size.)

Reactions: cwanja
I selected the larger font size (I don’t know offhand where l found this setting)

It didn’t help. I need to be able to read the text easily. Larger fonts please!
It may be on the "SCREEN" tab, IIRC. When parked, you can try it. Although it is not big enough to suit me, it is a marked improvement for these 76 year old eyes. I also find that running the screen in "NIGHT" mode helps with the contrast issue for the stupid idea of grey text on a whilte background.
You can also try the "SEARCH" function, the little magnifying glass in the upper left of the info screen.
I haven't tied a voice command for this, but I doubt that works.
Let us know how it works out for you.