Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P was always quoted with rollout, I thought it was 3.5 seconds when it first rolled out?

Nope. At launch Tesla, for the first time ever, was honest about 0-60 times for P vs non-P and listed all Model 3s without rollout.

4.5 for AWD, 3.5 for P.

Then a few months later reversed course and the P magically dropped to 3.3 without any actual change whatsover.

Then after the first 5% OTA bump the AWD dropped to 4.4 (4.0 real world with rollout) and the P dropped to 3.3 (3.1 real world with rollout).

Second 5% OTA they didn't update the public numbers at all, but real-world testing showed AWD at 4.1 no rollout and at 3.9 with rollout (3.86 best I saw) and P at ~3 flat (I think I saw one 2.98 or something) with rollout.

So this $2000 deal is knocking more like 0.4 off the time than 0.5.

Still a lot quicker than you can make most ICE cars for 2k.

Nope. At launch Tesla, for the first time ever, was honest about 0-60 times for P vs non-P and listed all Model 3s without rollout.

4.5 for AWD, 3.5 for P.

Then a few months later reversed course and the P magically dropped to 3.3 without any actual change whatsover.

Then after the first 5% OTA bump the AWD dropped to 4.4 (4.0 real world with rollout) and the P dropped to 3.3 (3.1 real world with rollout).

Second 5% OTA they didn't update the public numbers at all, but real-world testing showed AWD at 4.1 no rollout and at 3.9 with rollout (3.86 best I saw) and P at ~3 flat (I think I saw one 2.98 or something) with rollout.

So this $2000 deal is knocking more like 0.4 off the time than 0.5.

Still a lot quicker than you can make most ICE cars for 2k.

also we only have 1 test done and it was in 41 degree weather so .5 sec better definitely seems fitting I think

0-100 km/h 3.46s
1/4 mile 12.96 @ 151.4

citation.jpg

This will be a matter of much speculation.

The simplest explanation would be they didn't want to have to have 2 different offerings for the 980 vs 990 rear DU folks :)

This makes the most sense to me.

To those on the fence...

I just got home from the mall. Ewww. I checked the account, saw it, *sugar* myself, cleaned all that up, bought it, it instantly installed. I hit pay and the car rebooted. Pretty cool. There’s literally snow falling on the ice on the roads near me. Ahhh F it I went out. It’s so worth it. It really gives that hit. I was at 80% and it’s 23 degrees. A half second to 60 makes a huge difference, especially at this level. As expected it seems we went from essentially 3.9 to 3.4. While it’s still .4 from a stealth it’s pretty damn stout. It absolutely can be felt far more dramatically than previous free updates. It throws your head back and after several hard launches, in the snow [this car is so awesome], I’m now a bit sick to my stomach. Success!!!!

BUY IT!!!