Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN today! Looks like I’m the first one in socal. It’s a 2023, yay!

Order date: 09/02 - Los Angeles
MXP white/cream/20/yoke
FSD transfer
EDD 1: Oct to Nov
EDD 2 (10/02): 10/02 - 10/23
EDD 3 (10/03): 10/03 - 10/23
EDD 4 (10/04): 10/04 - 10/23
EDD 5 (10/05): 10/05 - 10/23
EDD 6 (10/06): Got a 2023 VIN

I got VIN today. I’m in Denver. OD was 9/1. MXP Red/Cream, 20”, yoke. It’s going to be 2023 model, PF418xxx. Delivery window changed to Oct 19-26.

Do you guys know the build date for your VIN? Curious if they’ve started assigning Oktoberfest builds yet

Reactions: react
I got my VIN today! Looks like I’m the first one in socal. It’s a 2023, yay!

Order date: 09/02 - Los Angeles
MXP white/cream/20/yoke
FSD transfer
EDD 1: Oct to Nov
EDD 2 (10/02): 10/02 - 10/23
EDD 3 (10/03): 10/03 - 10/23
EDD 4 (10/04): 10/04 - 10/23
EDD 5 (10/05): 10/05 - 10/23
EDD 6 (10/06): Got a 2023 VIN
Nice. Seems a bunch of us are probably in the same batch. My EDD just updated to an even tighter window now. 10/6-10/13.

Reactions: react
Are VIN's assigned prior to production, during, or afterward?
It sounds like you get VINed post production at the factory, this from my sc:

“Hi xxxxx, your vehicle's VIN is assigned to you, but the vehicle itself is actually still at our factory! It's tentative arrival is tomorrow evening, and typically we would need another day to be able to perform all inspections (depending on how many vehicles we receive that day). I will have an advisor reach out to assist in scheduling you, but more than likely it would be around Monday at this time, but those advisors that call will have a better estimate!”

Do you guys know the build date for your VIN? Curious if they’ve started assigning Oktoberfest builds yet
I don’t know the build date and I won’t bother to call to find out. From the VIN number (418xxx) and the delivery date range that is still 2 weeks away, I’m guessing the car is still at the factory. If I remember correctly with my last X, I got an email or text as soon as the car started traveling. So, I think this car is a new build. Whether it is end of Sept or beginning of Oct, I don’t really know 🤷‍♂️

Yea I have the same thing
Looks like the latest Plaid VIN assignments are likely already built. I didn't have the delivery date set yet, but I just texted them and asked if I could pickup at the factory instead of Sunnyvale and they said the car is ready tomorrow if I want to come to the factory. I know @awd_rails is chomping at the bit 😆 to know the build dates so I'll report back tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: awd_rails
Looks like the latest Plaid VIN assignments are likely already built. I didn't have the delivery date set yet, but I just texted them and asked if I could pickup at the factory instead of Sunnyvale and they said the car is ready tomorrow if I want to come to the factory. I know @awd_rails is chomping at the bit 😆 to know the build dates so I'll report back tomorrow.
Curious more than anything haha.

At this current rate, I'm guessing that I probably won't get a VIN until around week of 10/16 if it takes them a week to send out VINs for 9/1 orders, next week for 9/2 orders, etc. lol

What’s the next 3 digits in your VIN after PF?

I'm curious to see the difference between order placed dates and VIN assignment dates for orders from the area...

Edit: spelling

It seems as though everyone who placed an order on 9/1 have received a VIN with the exception of me. lol 🙄

I guess that I picked the wrong color... black. Haha

UPDATE: Speak of the devil, I just received a text and email notification that I have been assigned a VIN! As a bonus, my EDD moved from 10/16 - 11/20 to 10/24 - 10/31. Woohoo!!!!!