Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who wants to drive a gas car these days?

I think there's a place for both, at least right now. I definitely prefer the ICE vehicle for longer road trips (my Acura MDX as it is a 7 seater- and can convert to 6 seater and is larger than Model X), and I won't have the range anxiety as I do with EV cars. I also have another PHEV (GC 4xe) which is also a nice vehicle as well, and my wife is using that as her daily driver to work and to shop.

Charging stations are still a pain to get to, and they're also unreliable as the ones near me are CCS/J1772 (nearest Tesla supercharger is 30 minutes away.) Costco gas station is an 8 minute drive from me.

I think EV's are perfect commuter cars/local shopping/dining etc. I would never trust using them for longer road trips, at least for now. I can gas fill up in 5 minutes.

Also, for trucks, it looks like for now, ICE is still superior to EV. The Ford F-150 Lightning's range suffers a huge drop when towing. No idea what the CT will do, but I can't imagine the range being great while towing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melteye
Well just got the notification to schedule delivery for this week, scheduled for Thursday 10/12. Based on late PF418 latest build dates being 10/5 and 10/6, going to assume my early PF419 build will probably fall between 10/7-10/9 (not sure if the Fremont factory build cars on Sat/Sun haha)

Fingers crossed on build quality this 2nd delivery attempt 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: theslimshadyist
No. I picked cash. You can change it when the vin is assigned for financing. Going to wait before I send out financing apps all at once closer to the Edd.
So you’d still satisfy all of the prompts in there to make it happy and then change it up as delivery day nears? Is there maybe a strategy in here where I could delay finishing the financing section in an attempt to hold our for a 2024 VIN or are they going to assign either way?

So you’d still satisfy all of the prompts in there to make it happy and then change it up as delivery day nears? Is there maybe a strategy in here where I could delay finishing the financing section in an attempt to hold our for a 2024 VIN or are they going to assign either way?
You should get several Edd updates. So when the dates get narrowed in, change it and send out loan apps at once so it hits your credit score once. Loan app in Tesla last 30 or 60 days, some recent posts here/reddit suggest 30 days.

You can text the advisor and have them unassign you and you’ll go back in queue until another vin gets assigned. Not sure if this holds if it’s end of quarter in December though .

2024 should be showing up for deliveries in November with production end of October from last years post. Good luck

Got a VIN assigned today, delivery scheduled for 10/10

Ordered 9/5
Ultra Red, steering wheel

Confirmed I’m still eligible for FSD transfer
Were you trading in the vehicle that is losing the FSD? I noticed mine changed and the trade in value went up slightly because it doesn't show it is losing the FSD. I didn't accept the trade in offer before the end of q3 but I did but in for the fsd transfer on the date I ordered (9/4).

For those of you who are not VIn’d yet and say a 2024 model year doesnt matter, I would gladly give you my order that is Vin’d for delivery between 10/21-10/28 in NY. My vin is a 419xxx. Just find a way to get that done and put me back to a order wait list for a 2024.

For those of you who are not VIn’d yet and say a 2024 model year doesnt matter, I would gladly give you my order that is Vin’d for delivery between 10/21-10/28 in NY. My vin is a 419xxx. Just find a way to get that done and put me back to a order wait list for a 2024.

Sigh.

*Why* do you want a 2024 VIN? What exactly is that going to mean to you?

I got my VIN today! Looks like I’m the first one in socal. It’s a 2023, yay!

Order date: 09/02 - Los Angeles
MXP white/cream/20/yoke
FSD transfer
EDD 1: Oct to Nov
EDD 2 (10/02): 10/02 - 10/23
EDD 3 (10/03): 10/03 - 10/23
EDD 4 (10/04): 10/04 - 10/23
EDD 5 (10/05): 10/05 - 10/23
EDD 6 (10/06): Got a 2023 VIN
I had to renegotiate my FSD transfer yesterday. They said my FSD won’t transfer since I didn’t show “intent” before 09/30, but I did. Good thing I took a snapshot of my FSD transfer back when it was still showing on the app. I sent them the pic and my SC sent it somewhere and eventually the Tesla gods approved it and thanked me for my loyalty, ha! They sent me a document to sign for the transfer. I ordered my M3 back in 2016 and didn’t get it until Sept 30, 2018. Right at the end of the quarter at 7pm. Back then I paid $3,500 for my FSD so to be able to transfer it and be worth 12k now is a big deal. This is that one scenario where being an early adopter pays off. Anyway, the car looks great and smells great. No weird panel gaps.
I had a delivery checklist of over 50 items and they all checked off. Exterior: paint, wheels, panels, electronics and Interior: materials, electronics, everything was fine. Got my FSD transferred, I’m pretty happy with the car.
One thing though, I got a call from someone at the delivery center the day before my delivery at 4pm and was told that my car wasn’t at the EC yet and that it was delayed and I should go back Monday at 12pm, my appointment was Sunday at 10:30am. I asked for his name and he didn’t give it. I ignored the call and picked up my car as scheduled and it was there. so messed up. I think someone just wanted me to miss that 24hr delivery window so they can push the car to someone else. Watch out for that, apparently it’s a thing.

Reactions: awd_rails