Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a list that long, why wouldn't you get the next VIN?

Delivery scheduled 😀
IMG_1132.jpeg

Noticed many of the new ones are PF425, mine is PF423, do you think it was a reject for whatever reason? Can I ask tesla and would they let me know reason for rejection?
Mine was a UR /cream MXP with PF424
It was definable a reject due to a scratch or crack on the top glass of FWD
Apperantly, they replaced it and did a terrible job . Misplaced it 1/8 inch off towards front .

Reactions: WiseShepherd
Mine was a UR /cream MXP with PF424
It was definable a reject due to a scratch or crack on the top glass of FWD
Apperantly, they replaced it and did a terrible job . Misplaced it 1/8 inch off towards front .
My sales advisor said they aren’t allowed to give rejected cars to new customers. At least that’s what he told me and said the car was made in the last few weeks.

My sales advisor said they aren’t allowed to give rejected cars to new customers. At least that’s what he told me and said the car was made in the last few weeks.
It is possible it was made in the last few weeks with the VIN number. But the car should say the exact month it was built. As to what they do with "rejected" cars, I have no doubt they in fact sell them to new customers.

Reactions: StevenSD
This isn't news for those crawling. Every word on the forums the waiting a VIN ;)
But looking at the inventory I see a whole bunch of demo vehicles available for MXP and essentially zero non demo new MXP. Same for Model S.
In comparison, for performance three or why there are tons of non-demo vehicles available.
We aren't really at the end of the quarter, so it's interesting that Tesla seems to be dumping all their demos for X and S.
Wishful thinking, but perhaps it is in expectation of even some modest change for 2024 VINs about to be sold...

Reactions: Daniel L
This isn't news for those crawling. Every word on the forums the waiting a VIN ;)
But looking at the inventory I see a whole bunch of demo vehicles available for MXP and essentially zero non demo new MXP. Same for Model S.
In comparison, for performance three or why there are tons of non-demo vehicles available.
We aren't really at the end of the quarter, so it's interesting that Tesla seems to be dumping all their demos for X and S.
Wishful thinking, but perhaps it is in expectation of even some modest change for 2024 VINs about to be sold...
Long shot but hope it’s true as well. Maybe we’ll hear something at the cybertruck event

Reactions: Solidred
Sorry to spam but to be sure, I wanted to ask, is it normal for Tesla to widely dump all demos in the middle of a quarter rather than at the end of a quarter?
If this was a month from now, I wouldn't bat an eye assuming it's pumping quarterly sales. But now...?