Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For only the 2nd time in 2 years, I forgot to charge last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh. I forget to plug in all the time. One of the nice things about a car with 233 miles (on a standard/90% charge) is it doesn't matter! Heck, I'll even go a couple of days sometimes. Might even get down to 100 miles. Oh noes!

I enjoy "lamenting" over this at work in front of my co-workers with Leafs.

Me: "Dangit, I forgot to plug in _again_ last night and I'm down to 100 miles."
Leaf Owner: <grumble> "Oh, soooo sorry. You know, I only get 80 miles on a full charge."

Perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

<chuckle> Speaking of, I just realized I forgot to plug in tonight. When I got home from work I was planning on running an errand, so I didn't plug in. But my plans changed and I never went back out.

Am I going to bother to go down to plug in? Nope.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned (didn't read entire thread), but this is something the Chevy Volt / OnStar RemoteLink app does. It will send an SMS at a preset time if the car isn't plugged in at that time. This is set in the car itself, so, nothing needs to be running or anything.

If Chevy can do it........

Not sure if anyone has mentioned (didn't read entire thread), but this is something the Chevy Volt / OnStar RemoteLink app does. It will send an SMS at a preset time if the car isn't plugged in at that time. This is set in the car itself, so, nothing needs to be running or anything.

Isn't that something like $50 per month?

Isn't that something like $50 per month?

I put it in here. Ford is doing this for free. At least for 5 years, and I think perpetually for the life of the FFE and Energi cars.

I enjoy "lamenting" over this at work in front of my co-workers with Leafs.

Me: "Dangit, I forgot to plug in _again_ last night and I'm down to 100 miles."
Leaf Owner: <grumble> "Oh, soooo sorry. You know, I only get 80 miles on a full charge."

Perspective.

LEAF owner will also tell you his LEAF notifies him by text msg any time he arrives home and hasn't plugged in within 5 minutes

Don't want to turn this into a VisibleTesla thread but the app has been reliable for me for the last few months and it reminds me the few times I forget. I do 100 miles a day so charging is usually pretty important. Plus these days I need to plug in just to avoid the dreaded cold temp low regen blues.