Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - HPWC (Brand New in Box, Unopened, Sealed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He obviously has, but what difference does that make?
(silly govt subsidies result in silly markets)
The difference is that you can get 50% back from the Ontario Govt. He shows the invoice where the HPWC costs $850 new and he is selling it for $650. Why would I pay $650 if I could pay $425 (after rebate) if I buy it straight from Tesla? Only folks not eligible for the rebate would be interested.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
You do not have to be within 6 months of buying an EV.

Here is the actual charger incentive site, with PDF guides that clearly show anyone that ever received an electric car purchase rebate (including people like me who bought 4 years ago) can get a charger rebate if they apply within the 3 month period post purchasing of charging station and/or wiring up a charging station.

Electric vehicle charging incentive program

The PDF guides are crystal clear on these points.

Claim submitted, thanks.

As per the incentive program "If you purchased the charger, you must keep the charger for at least 12 months after the purchase date. If you do not meet Program requirements, you must repay the incentive in full."

Putting your details up on this site, and trying to sell the charging station for a profit (net your rebate) is unlikely to be a good strategy if the government is actually watching...

Doubtful they are. Shady either way though.

Indeed. As Yoda would say.

Doubtful they are. Shady this is. Hmmmm.
_41130661_sw2.jpg

Its possible I guess, someone who purchases a second vehicle and already has a charger installed can make a claim technically, and not need the charger. I would fall under that category but it's not how the programs intended to be used, and you're going through all that effort as someone who just spent at least a 100k on their car to make a couple hundred bucks?

Reactions: Algbc