Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For the remainder of September, Tesla is permanently waiving the $1500 solar removal fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F84E11AC-D7BC-4C08-B0D1-905226B85802.jpeg

It may or may not be a good deal depending on whether or not Tesla Solar says you need to upgrade your service panel or replace your roof to enable the solar panel system installation. Be certain to read the fine print.

It may or may not be a good deal depending on whether or not Tesla Solar says you need to upgrade your service panel or replace your roof to enable the solar panel system installation. Be certain to read the fine print.

they tell you that b/f install right? no last-minute gotchas right?

Right. You are told prior to the installation. I don’t know if you can elect to cancel at that point. I can’t recall the terms regarding that.

I hope they'd tell you during the quote prior to contract stage. I'll check. I still haven't heard back after 2 weeks from texting them, so I tried via app.

I hope they'd tell you during the quote prior to contract stage. I'll check. I still haven't heard back after 2 weeks from texting them, so I tried via app.
I contacted them a couple weekends ago though the web and receive a call on the next Monday. I struggle with making a deposit before anyone comes out to examine our home, our energy needs and the infrastructure. I’d prefer a quote prior to making a deposit.

I contacted them a couple weekends ago though the web and receive a call on the next Monday. I struggle with making a anyone comes out to examine our home, our energy needs and the infrastructure. I’d prefer a quote prior to making a deposit.

refundable like the car? on the app no deposit

is it refundable if you don't proceed with install?

"You, the buyer, may cancel this transaction at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of this transaction. See the attached notice of cancellation form for an explanation of this right.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/CA_Energy_Subscription_Agreement_08132019.pdf

It's not clear to me when the transaction is dated...the date when you sign the online agreement and submit the deposit (which is the day you submit the order), or if it's the date of the scheduled installation. I presume it's the former. I need to call Tesla for details.

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey
yes thats correct, they now have you take photos of all your equipment to upload when you put your deposit in

deposits are fully refundable and you get your money in < 1 week
Does Tesla do a detailed energy analysis of your electrical usage?

I’m specifically concerned about determining our daylight and nighttime usage, and I have not yet seen that type of report from our local utility company, although we can get daily averages.

I’m specifically concerned about determining our daylight and nighttime usage, and I have not yet seen that type of report from our local utility company, although we can get daily averages.

I don't believe they do but why I'm curious why you would ask for this? They did have me upload my latest electric bill which has a history of the last 12 months of usage. As far as I know they just use this to determine if you've bought the right system. I think in my area the utility can deny an install if the system is much larger than your past usage.

when i signup yesterday i had to upload 3 months worth of electric bills and all kinds of photos of my fuse box inside/main fuse/outside/my labels for the fuses...

• Informative
Reactions: tvad
I don't believe they do but why I'm curious why you would ask for this? They did have me upload my latest electric bill which has a history of the last 12 months of usage. As far as I know they just use this to determine if you've bought the right system. I think in my area the utility can deny an install if the system is much larger than your past usage.
Since the Tesla system does not supply power at night (unless one installs a separate battery storage system), I want to know how many kilowatts of much of my daily power use is during the day and during the night. It directly effects our monthly savings. During the summer and fall, we use our air conditioning system extensively after sundown and through the night.

Since the Tesla system does not supply power at night (unless one installs a separate battery storage system), I want to know how many kilowatts of much of my daily power use is during the day and during the night. It directly effects our monthly savings. During the summer, we use our air conditioning system extensively after sundown and through the night.

do you not have net metering?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker