Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those new buyers who were in the 7-day window to switch their MS 60D --> 75D this week...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently we were not upgraded to the new price book- they just gave us a discount (this is what DS was told from big tesla). This isn't how I was told it was going to work, but the word Ive been given is that DS was told specifically that the PLG was not installed.

It's my understanding that theu only do power liftgate installation at the plant
this is a bit frustrating as i would have cancelled order and resubmitted ... but was told not to worry they would update pricebook....i guess i have to engage my DS/OA .....I know we got a nice deal with the price change .. but this is about managing expectations ... any one have an estimate of the value of auto liftgate?

this is a bit frustrating as i would have cancelled order and resubmitted ... but was told not to worry they would update pricebook....i guess i have to engage my DS/OA .....I know we got a nice deal with the price change .. but this is about managing expectations ... any one have an estimate of the value of auto liftgate?

I thought the same thing, and had that information confirmed multiple times before and after order confirmation, but again - we are an edge case and this seems like an easy internal miscommunication to make (but I still want the car I ordered! ;))

Aftermarket liftgate is like $550 I think? But that's without installation and I think it lacks some safety features?

my DS just indicated my vehicle is manual lift... so this is quite frustrating especially since the OA indicated I would get PLG ... ... vehicle is already in transit so i guess i am hosed ....any suggestions on how to handle with OA?

So you decided to go with replacement? Are they saying june-july?

Yeah I decided to go with replacement when they only offered first year maintenance to take the non-PLG car. I'm in no real hurry and would much rather have the PLG for the life of the vehicle over a one time free maintenance service that I might not really need.

When I talked to my OA yesterday, she said they are making them pretty quickly and it should only be 2-3 weeks but I'm in this situation because of something she told me that wasn't true, so who really knows.

Last edited:
I am not in the edge period, been dealing with the OA. they are upgrading the battery size without charging me the $500 fee and the only reason they are giving the free glass roof is because they are running out of the body color roof, but no PLG.
This different than what they told me on April 17 when I made the change (and gave them my credit card to pay for the change fee )
My car won't be delivered until June 24 (my choice), who knows, may change again. I could have even waited to August but jumped the gun when tesla said they discontinuing the 60

Just took delivery of my 75D! I ordered the PUP so there were no surprises on the power lift gate.
The one thing that I noticed though is that none of my windows were tinted (except for the roof window). Is this normal? I was wondering because our Model X has all tinted windows. I do miss the auto-presenting doors as well...

Just took delivery of my 75D! I ordered the PUP so there were no surprises on the power lift gate.
The one thing that I noticed though is that none of my windows were tinted (except for the roof window). Is this normal? I was wondering because our Model X has all tinted windows. I do miss the auto-presenting doors as well...
So if you dont mind me asking ...did they charge you full price for the PUP since you should have gotten the PLG as included feature with the price change ?... I ordered my M 75 same exact day as you so we were both in the 7 day change period? I am trying to understand the value of the PLG ......have not gotten my vehicle yet so no clue on the tint...

So if you dont mind me asking ...did they charge you full price for the PUP since you should have gotten the PLG as included feature with the price change ?... I ordered my M 75 same exact day as you so we were both in the 7 day change period? I am trying to understand the value of the PLG ......have not gotten my vehicle yet so no clue on the tint...

I did pay for the PUP original price. It didn't bother me that PLG was now an included item, as this was offset by the fact they were able to switch my 60D to 75D for the same price during this 7 day period.

Oh the other thing on my S delivery:
No more free swag :(

Our X delivery had swag bags for us, with umbrella, hats and our keyfob was presented in a faux velvet jewel case box sitting on the table (yes not useful but very cool presentation)

New forum member here....
I placed an order for an S 60D 2 days before it was discontinued: Pearl White, White seating, CF trim, Sunroof, EAP, PUP (want PLG), and SAS. A couple of days later when I heard about the drop in the price of the 75D as well as the 60-75 upgrade fee, I called my sales agent and inquired about upgrading the software to 75D right away before they started building (I didn't want to change the whole order to a 75D because I want SAS, which is no longer available on the 75D), and she told me I would have to wait until after delivery to pay $2000 and have the upgrade done. I was fine with that because I was not convinced I needed the extra range with my daily commutes being <10 miles. Fast forward to last week, my agent emails me about financing options, so I log into My Tesla and notice my order is now for a 75D with all my requested options. On reviewing the specs, they have essentially built a newly-lower-priced 75D but added the SAS pricing. When I do the math, the difference from my original 60D build and this 75D is $1500 more. So they have upgraded me without my consent but with a $500 discount. I guess I should be happy about this?!? Well, I think I will be happy about it.

New forum member here....
I placed an order for an S 60D 2 days before it was discontinued: Pearl White, White seating, CF trim, Sunroof, EAP, PUP (want PLG), and SAS. A couple of days later when I heard about the drop in the price of the 75D as well as the 60-75 upgrade fee, I called my sales agent and inquired about upgrading the software to 75D right away before they started building (I didn't want to change the whole order to a 75D because I want SAS, which is no longer available on the 75D), and she told me I would have to wait until after delivery to pay $2000 and have the upgrade done. I was fine with that because I was not convinced I needed the extra range with my daily commutes being <10 miles. Fast forward to last week, my agent emails me about financing options, so I log into My Tesla and notice my order is now for a 75D with all my requested options. On reviewing the specs, they have essentially built a newly-lower-priced 75D but added the SAS pricing. When I do the math, the difference from my original 60D build and this 75D is $1500 more. So they have upgraded me without my consent but with a $500 discount. I guess I should be happy about this?!? Well, I think I will be happy about it.

Yes, you should be happy but only if you actually plan on taking the car for a road trip. Day to day driving, the 60D is pretty much the same as a 75D. In fact, a 60D is a lot easier because you can charge to 100% and still get regen and not harm the battery. A 75D isn't that much more complicated but you'll only want the full 259 mile range for road trips (and that too the initial leg has the most benefit, you won't want to supercharge to 100% because of the taper unless you really have time to kill at that particular stop).

If you don't plan on taking road trips, save the $1500. You'll likely need XPEL and a coating on the exterior and that $1500 in savings will help offset that cost (I got a full front XPEL and it was $2k). Or you'll spend the $1500 on winter tires (or whatever). Either way you'll love your car. Congrats!

Tint is a Department of Transportation (DOT) issue. A manufacturer can only tint windows on a vehicle classified as a "truck", so the X can have tint but not the S. You'll see this issue on all brands of vehicles in the USA, "trucks" can have a dark tint but not cars (from the factory at least).

Technically the windows on the S are "tinted", but it's not a dark tint which is prohibited.

• Informative
Reactions: plasmo
PUP price did not drop after PLG became included in the base. It used to be $3K last year, then jumped to $3.5K to include ventilated seats, on 90/100, then the 60/75 got the same increase to $3.5K as the ventilated seats were made available to them, then ventilated seats disappeared but PUP price stayed at $3,500 even after PLG became standard. It will be really hard for you figure out the "value" of PLG, other than the fact that in the past plenty of people paid $3,000 or $3,500 primarily for the PLG (I'm one of them).

• Informative
Reactions: Zero CO2