Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those postponing delivery until 6 Apr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order two weeks ago and I am collecting my M3 on Wednesday so I think you just might be pleasantly surprised. I suddenly received a text message telling me that the vehicle is running ahead of schedule
Placed online? Inventory car? Cash/lease? That’s a pretty incredible turnaround, fastest I’ve heard. Enjoy in good health. :)

That’s a pretty incredible turnaround, fastest I’ve heard.

A lot depends on when the boat arrives ... if there aren't any boats arriving (typically first 6 weeks of a new quarter) then you have to wait ... and it helps if you order a colour that is unpopular :) and probably also helps if you order from a high turnover site, like Heathrow.

Also, if you are happy to buy "anything" [phone up and see what they have got lying around, rather than just placing an order online] you might be getting a recycled car. That might just be someone that cancelled an order due to change of circumstances / wanting to postpone delivery ... or one that was rejected :( and has been "fixed".

I ordered 3 weeks ago (they definitely didn't have any "lying around" then) and pick up this week. I've got a bit of form getting them quickly, so either good luck (e.g. colour choice + Heathrow) or the fact that I am a past customer gets some sort of priority (maybe there is a "He hasn't caused any trouble in the past" flag on SalesForce CRM ?!!)

• Informative
Reactions: ringi and Durzel
Looks like I missed a Jan delivery by about a week - as someone I work with ordered 1 week before me got his 2 weeks ago - and another ordered 3 weeks earlier and got theirs for xmas

It doesn't really work like that. Basically there is a queue of orders for each spec and depending on supply and demand of each spec, the queues will move at very different rates. Some queues will move quite fast, as they are either under subscribed or over delivered, whilst others will move very slow, or even stop for periods of time should Tesla be limiting builds. These criteria change on regular basis, so what was problematic during one period, could be good in another. Its options like tow, white interior and 19" wheels that have been hit in the past (LR AWD was also hit for a period but that was high demand), and if supply is a problem, the options sometimes temporarily disappears from the configurator.

So you cannot compare dates of other orders with expected delivery dates, unless orders are identical spec. And you cannot really predict whats going to flow faster than others as it changes over time, although if options disappear from the configurator, it could mean delays are mounting up for that option.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
It does surprise me how many people are ordering through company car schemes without really understanding how bik works, especially that it is pro-rata so only a small amount to pay if it comes early.
It’s also still a little niggle at the back of my mind that the low bik rates for 20/21and beyond have not yet been formally confirmed by a budget. Nor the plug in grant amounts. Hopefully the current crop of politicians won’t screw us\evs over either on purpose or through negligence