Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For us March-May'ers

When do you think you're taking delivery?

• March

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • May

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • June

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • July

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • After July

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was 6th in line at the Garden State Plaza in NJ and my reservation was in the system within the first 5 minutes of in-store reservations, so given that I hope that I'm in one of the first rounds of non-owner invites. Troy's estimator puts my delivery at March 29th which I hope is somewhat accurate.

I was 6th in line at the Garden State Plaza in NJ and my reservation was in the system within the first 5 minutes of in-store reservations, so given that I hope that I'm in one of the first rounds of non-owner invites. Troy's estimator puts my delivery at March 29th which I hope is somewhat accurate.

Troy says March for me as well, so he's in big trouble if it doesn't happen.

Troy said he will be updating the delivery estimator either today or tomorrow. So I don't think the new delays have been accounted for in his estimator yet.

Most of those thinking March better think April. Those thinking may, probably safe to think June.

Reasoning:
Earnings call stated 2500 /week end of March. They mean that. It will be the last day(s) of March. The automated battery assembly which is required to produce 2500/week is targeted to go line end of March.

So just to clarify couple of data points.
1) Those owners who already have their invitation have seen their delivery window expand out to 4-6 weeks
2) The email from Tesla specifically provides that delivery will be in this window
3) A small batch of owners left (who had their windows moved to Mar-May) are likely to get their invites in the next round (my guess still within the next week) with the 4-6 week delivery window putting delivery in March

So my guess is that the last bit of owners will get their invite in Feb and delivery in March and non-owners will start getting invites in March with delivery in April/May.

Troy's estimator puts my delivery at March 29th which I hope is somewhat accurate.
I assume this estimator is in the Model 3 Invite spreadsheet? I've been looking at that for quite a while now and have never seen a way to get my estimated delivery date. Could you provide a reference (tab/cell) as I must be be just missing it.

Thanks

I was thinking that I would get an invite for March because we were clearly getting close to the end of the owners and about to start with non-owners. However, with SR and AWD version being pushed back, I expect a significant number of owners will change their mind about waiting and get a first production instead to get the tax credits and because of the wait. They will be in line before us, so I suspect that it may be May before we see any non-owners get first production cars.

So just to clarify couple of data points.
1) Those owners who already have their invitation have seen their delivery window expand out to 4-6 weeks
2) The email from Tesla specifically provides that delivery will be in this window
3) A small batch of owners left (who had their windows moved to Mar-May) are likely to get their invites in the next round (my guess still within the next week) with the 4-6 week delivery window putting delivery in March

So my guess is that the last bit of owners will get their invite in Feb and delivery in March and non-owners will start getting invites in March with delivery in April/May.

I'm pretty sure the delivery windows went to 3-6 weeks, not 4-6 weeks.

Curious, now that we've experienced a few bumps, for those non-owners in the March-May (first production) bracket, if you had to bet money, when do you think you're getting your car?
My original dates were Nov 17 - Jan 18.

res.png

Now I'm hoping for July 18.

Attachments

• res.png
    res.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 49
here is a great option if you have the funds....I started researching a week ago not knowing what is going to happen and with a pending lease expiration on my wife's car in April. As a owner I am fairly confident I will get mine soon, so I released the hold on this car. If I felt like I was not going to get my model 3 until late 2018, I would have pulled the trigger. If you're close on the timetable, stay patient it will be here soon enough.

Used 2016 Tesla Model S For Sale ($69,730) | Vroom