Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forged Referral Wheels Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the 22in forged referral wheels in October of 2018 and have not seen them show up to the service center yet. Multiple parts reps have checked but still see no updates.

Is anyone else in this same boat? I’m trying to figure out if these will ever show up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
I ordered the 22in forged referral wheels in October of 2018 and have not seen them show up to the service center yet. Multiple parts reps have checked but still see no updates.

Is anyone else in this same boat? I’m trying to figure out if these will ever show up.

I predict mine will show up at the beginning of next winter season... when I won't want to put them on. <sigh>

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I selected my 22" referral wheels in the app on February 1st and was told 8-10 weeks by the customer service rep I was working with at the time. (I had issues with referral awards not showing up in the app, so the rep was helping me out.) He said to contact him if I didn't hear back from my service center after 10 weeks. I waited 12 weeks, then followed up again. This was the reply I received:

We have recently changed the way we are getting the wheels installed to make it a simpler process and a better experience for you. This process is now being managed by the service centers. All you need to do is schedule a service appointment through the app or through your online Tesla account to have the wheels installed. The service center will then make sure they have the wheels there for your appointment or will contact you if they need to reschedule. There is no need to wait to schedule, you can log in now and schedule your appointment so that we can get the wheels installed.

This was a few weeks ago. I have an appointment with my SC (made via the app) to have the wheels installed next month. We'll see if the wheels are actually there when I show up.

Latest response from Tesla:

"I appreciate the follow up. We are excited to be providing this reward to all qualified owners, and currently, expect this to be fulfilled by early fall. We do not have photos at this time. We appreciate your patience and will provide further information as soon as we are able to."

If it's any consolation, electrek [sp?] did an article onyou can see pictures on the delays & cars they were delivered to. 52Lbs - 54Lbs. Seems like a hefty wheel to be called performance. But, hey they're free.

Yup, the 22" Model X wheels are actually not forged. They are regular cast aluminum and are very, very heavy. I weighed a previous set at 37.6lbs front, 40.4lbs rear.

But they look awesome!

Reactions: VikH
Latest response from Tesla:

"I appreciate the follow up. We are excited to be providing this reward to all qualified owners, and currently, expect this to be fulfilled by early fall. We do not have photos at this time. We appreciate your patience and will provide further information as soon as we are able to."

Make an appointment directly with your local service center. That's the new procedure for referral wheels.
I got my wheels installed in a week (from Fremont center)

Reactions: dragonxt