Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forgoing BMW / Mercedes / Lexus for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my last post on this thread.

Here's what a tell young lawyers: Have a nice car, but not too nice because clients will resent it.

I drive a C300 with minimum options. It cost about $46,000. That's about right for a 60 year old lawyer.

Your lawyer drives a sensible Acura. Nice, but not too nice.

The same is true of a Model 3. Nice, but not too nice.

And all Teslas have status -- which will help their resale value.

That's it.

Out.
Never have I enjoyed reading a post as much as I did when this Tesla hater said it was his last post. And for a partner in a decent firm, he's not making enough to throw around those insults. I was a partner in a nice firm, until I put a robe on. I drive a X100d and I am proud to do it.

• Funny
Reactions: GOOCHY and KenC
My personal attorney drives an Acura. Very nice car. Practical too. Money spent wisely - much as I'd prefer he does with mine. Status? Who gives a flying fig.

It might matter about industry/area/etc. I've done a lot of stuff with O&G - driving a beat to hell pick-up is fine. Driving a Japanese or Korean sedan would not go over well - Toyota trucks are OK, though. (Never met anyone who drove a Lexus though.) (Status in O&G is more about what kind of plane you have.)

Domestic trucks/SUVs would definitely be the safest bet in O&G - maybe in all industries, outside of LA/SF.

Some circles in the South find Asian-made clothing very offensive. (Gets rather hard to keep up with, at times.)

Kind of ironic Tesla doesn't really have that "American Car" idea compared to Ford, Dodge, Chevy, etc.

I think its because Tesla has a very odd design language. It is much more passive than any American design. It has a few good parts around the rear - which remind me of a Porsche 968, but the front is so damn bad. Every model either is squinting or frowning.

"I knew going with Tesla, I will be forgoing the prestige that comes with buying a BMW or Mercedes..." trust me on this, people pay much more attention to the Tesla than any BMW or Mercedes in the parking lot. If that's your game it'll win it in spades. There is a whole world of customization options as well (aftermarket/3rd party). For me it's the whole picture, luxury and economy, all in one. YMMV, but we are incredibly happy to be in a Tesla vs another brand.
Exactly. I had a BMW. It’s a dime a dozen here in SoCal. No one asked me about the car.

My model 3 I’ve had at least 30 or more employees at work ask about my car. It’s kinda embarrassing to be honest. It’s has peoples attention more so than any car the last 10 yrs, which is great. I want people to know ev are not a compromise.