Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

former BMW owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who has owned BMWs for the last 20 years, I'll break it down like this:

Tech: Tesla
Quality: BMW
Service: BMW
Efficiency: Tesla
Performance: Variable

So it really comes down to which of the above you value more. I'll be honest though, coming from my BMW, the materials in the Y just felt so flimsy and cheap. It definitely took a while to get used to, but now it doesn't bother me as much.
Don't forget to add "Cost to own: Tesla"

Reactions: mark95476
Not to sidetrack the thread, but I noticed you have the white with black interior. How is that down in Tampa? I was agonizing over white vs black interior and went with white because I'm down in Texas and it's insanely hot for parts of the year.
I have ceramic tint with high infrared heat rejection on windows and windshield as well as a windshield visor when parked so it hasn't been bad at all. My experience is that when it gets into the 90s plus humidity, the car will be hot as hell no matter what color your seats are lol.

I've owned a i3s, e92 335i (FBO, LSD, Ohlins, 480whp tuned on e85), and a M6 Gran Coupe (full vorsteiner, FBO, KW V3s, Michelin Cup 2s, custom tuned to 700whp+) all within the last 4 years.

Tesla's need a lot of work in the handling department due to the weight and shitty OEM suspension bits. They also have no top end past 100+mph and performance drops off significantly as your state of charge decreases. But up until ~75mph, my Performance Model Y is pretty damn close in acceleration to my 700whp+ M6 which is amazing!

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG