Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Former EV1 owner from Central Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:scared:So good to be back behind the wheel of an EV. Of course, my red Model S P85 is far beyond what I expected to follow in the footsteps of the EV1 I drove for 3 years.

The Tesla Model S is perfect car for our family of four. We will take our first long distance ride in early August.

Looking forward to checking out the range after a full car, 120 miles distance, 4,700 ft of hill climbing, highway speeds, and 100º+ temperatures. The true test.:scared:

:scared:So good to be back behind the wheel of an EV. Of course, my red Model S P85 is far beyond what I expected to follow in the footsteps of the EV1 I drove for 3 years.

The Tesla Model S is perfect car for our family of four. We will take our first long distance ride in early August.

Looking forward to checking out the range after a full car, 120 miles distance, 4,700 ft of hill climbing, highway speeds, and 100º+ temperatures. The true test.:scared:

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! Your 'true test' will be a piece of cake. Unless you have to return without charging...:wink::biggrin:

Welcome!

Let's see: subtract 47 miles for elevation gain (is it all gain - you don't come back down?), 26% if you mean 75mph for "highway speeds", and 7% for 100 degrees (I got the numbers from HERE). Assuming no rain or wind, I'd guess you'll arrive with about 10 miles left if you leave with a full 265-mile range charge. You will probably want to either go slower than 75, or find a possible place to charge about 3/4 of the way there just in case.

I'm in southern AZ and also leased an EV1. Biggest "problem" was that we couldn't get our family of 4 in there. It's not a problem now with the Model S, but our kids are grown and no longer at home (most of the time).

I travel to Pinetop several times a month which is a 200 mile one way trip with a 4000ft elevation gain. I charge up to 265 miles and have about 35-40 miles left when I get there with a average speed of 55mph.

UPDATE: So I d
rove my Tesla Model S 85 from our home in PV to our cabin in the Prescott National Forest yesterday with 2 tweens, overnight bags, and two cats. I-17 to Cordes Junction, then 69 to Prescott and beyond. Kept speed at posted limit on range mode. The trip was 114.2 miles. The car used just a bit less than half of the battery capacity at 42.1 KWh. Net change in altitude about 4,500 feet up came in at an average of 368 Wh/mi. Heading back tomorrow where I am sure I will do better. What a thrill it is to drive this car!