Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/29/18 around 7am - the middle of the lot is still empty and south end has Model S/X's
IMG_6985.jpg
IMG_6994.jpg
IMG_6983.jpg
IMG_6984.jpg
IMG_6995.jpg
IMG_6989.jpg
IMG_6990.jpg
IMG_6991.jpg
IMG_6986.jpg
IMG_6987.jpg

I work near the factory so my gut doesn't think they are producing/delivering 1000 cars a week.
During the last private investor meeting it was leaked that they will reach 1K weekly production by end of Jan. It's weird how they are no longer be able to fill up those row for delivery. It could be they are able to contract more delivery truck now the production is more stable.

Reactions: mongo and RTPEV
During the last private investor meeting it was leaked that they will reach 1K weekly production by end of Jan. It's weird how they are no longer be able to fill up those row for delivery. It could be they are able to contract more delivery truck now the production is more stable.
Unless you vamp out or leave a streaming camera on, how can you tell if those are the same or different cats every day. That’s a lot of cars on the lot, why wouldn’t they ship them ASAP? Unless they’re for local delivery, they should go from plant to lot tomtruck\train in 24 to 48 hours. What am I missing?

Unless you vamp out or leave a streaming camera on, how can you tell if those are the same or different cats every day. That’s a lot of cars on the lot, why wouldn’t they ship them ASAP? Unless they’re for local delivery, they should go from plant to lot tomtruck\train in 24 to 48 hours. What am I missing?
Tesla obviously painted those row with number in the front to assist with locating the car and transportation but the last couple of days those row has been empty.

1000 a week means 143 cars per day or about 17 car carriers leaving the factory every day (or a line of rail cars with tons of M3s on it).
So it could be that all of them are leaving in the middle of the night when traffic is better. During the day, I'm not seeing it.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
1000 a week means 143 cars per day or about 17 car carriers leaving the factory every day (or a line of rail cars with tons of M3s on it).
So it could be that all of them are leaving in the middle of the night when traffic is better. During the day, I'm not seeing it.

You should be seeing at least 34 carriers a day just from X and S production. Or are you only refering to carriers loaded with 3s? 51 a day including 1k/wk of 3s would be about 3 an hour 6am-10pm (vs 2 for X/S only)

12/22, but it seems like they are matching up people with cars rather than doing build to order. I got my VIN during the first week of January, but as I said it was a 2017 VIN.

Hi @gregincal, could you explain how you determined your year? On paperwork (and probably Monroney) there is a Model year listed, or are you using VIN decoding, or just your VIN range? Which headliner did you get and how is your car?? I am supposed to pick up this Saturday.

Do you live line of sight all day? If you are driving by in the morning and evening it could look similar but be different cars. It seems crazy to be fixing stuff post production at this scale. For the X at a 100 a week, ok, but at 1000 a week it would be crazy.
If I was trucking from the Fremont I would probably want to start by 5am, depending on where I’m going. If north, maybe earlier.

You should be seeing at least 34 carriers a day just from X and S production. Or are you only refering to carriers loaded with 3s? 51 a day including 1k/wk of 3s would be about 3 an hour 6am-10pm (vs 2 for X/S only)

Yes I was just talking about M3 car carriers.

Do you live line of sight all day? If you are driving by in the morning and evening it could look similar but be different cars. It seems crazy to be fixing stuff post production at this scale. For the X at a 100 a week, ok, but at 1000 a week it would be crazy.
If I was trucking from the Fremont I would probably want to start by 5am, depending on where I’m going. If north, maybe earlier.

I don't live there, just work nearby so I can see traffic in and out. Perhaps I should just leave a goPro at the factory exit and swap batteries/cards everyday to see the pattern ;)

I don't live there, just work nearby so I can see traffic in and out. Perhaps I should just leave a goPro at the factory exit and swap batteries/cards everyday to see the pattern ;)
Exactly. I said few days ago. We need surveilance system. In the simplest form, a motion activated camera with night vision, cover all exits.
Once you see if they underdeliver or overdeliver, you can make wild bets on the stock market and once done, tell us the intelligence. Then everybody will run to buy long/short and make you some money. This will only work once though if you lie, so tread the trust waters carefully...

Exactly. I said few days ago. We need surveilance system. In the simplest form, a motion activated camera with night vision, cover all exits.
Once you see if they underdeliver or overdeliver, you can make wild bets on the stock market and once done, tell us the intelligence. Then everybody will run to buy long/short and make you some money. This will only work once though if you lie, so tread the trust waters carefully...

Tesla security will wonder why those trees by the exit have all these "ornaments" on them ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Shygar
Are the model S & X trucks noticeable at all? I’m in the minority, but I think they must ship most cars going east by train. I don’t see how they can send 20 or 30 trucks cross country every day when one train would get it done. Could explain not seeing most cars getting shipped out and no one seeing it happening from the street.

Hi @gregincal, could you explain how you determined your year? On paperwork (and probably Monroney) there is a Model year listed, or are you using VIN decoding, or just your VIN range? Which headliner did you get and how is your car?? I am supposed to pick up this Saturday.

The VIN tells you your model year. It either has an H or a J before the F (H is 2017). I got the Alcantara headliner and my car is perfect. I believe that the cutover between 2017 and 2018 VINs was at about 3100.

Reactions: Musterion
Are the model S & X trucks noticeable at all? I’m in the minority, but I think they must ship most cars going east by train. I don’t see how they can send 20 or 30 trucks cross country every day when one train would get it done. Could explain not seeing most cars getting shipped out and no one seeing it happening from the street.

I believe Tesla has a couple of distribution depots in various parts of the US. They ship cars by train to these depots, then put them on trucks.

At least as of last summer they were still shipping cars by truck along the West Coast. When I had my yearly service done there were trucks dropping off cars both the day I dropped off my car and the day I picked it up.