Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/30/18 around 7:30am - a small car carrier can be seen loading some cars. So perhaps this lot is just for Fremont deliveries?

IMG_6997.jpg
IMG_6998.jpg
IMG_6999.jpg
IMG_7001.jpg
IMG_7002.jpg
IMG_7003.jpg
IMG_7004.jpg
IMG_7005.jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
IMG_7007.jpg

Last edited:
The VIN tells you your model year. It either has an H or a J before the F (H is 2017). I got the Alcantara headliner and my car is perfect. I believe that the cutover between 2017 and 2018 VINs was at about 3100.

Disagree that there is a number cutoff for model year.. I have a 2018 VIN with vin in the very low 2000's... took delivery first week of Jan

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
1/30/18 around 7:30am - a small car carrier can be seen loading some cars. So perhaps this lot is just for Fremont deliveries?

View attachment 276857

Since you are local, can you tell me hat is happening on the lot north of the plant? Google maps from what appears to be October or November shows the open land north of the plant, but a more recent google map, with the added storage lots on the north and south of the plant show the entire lot north of the plant being graded for a large construction project. The grading is from the north end of the plant to Grimmer. This is huge. If this is Tesla it’s a big deal.
Any information would be great. Thanks.

Since you are local, can you tell me hat is happening on the lot north of the plant? Google maps from what appears to be October or November shows the open land north of the plant, but a more recent google map, with the added storage lots on the north and south of the plant show the entire lot north of the plant being graded for a large construction project. The grading is from the north end of the plant to Grimmer. This is huge. If this is Tesla it’s a big deal.
Any information would be great. Thanks.
tesla-masterplan.png

Reactions: tracksyde
#11 in this picture has been built out by Tesla and is currently serving as a staging lot for vehicle shipping (according to December drone videos).

It’s interesting that they’re building housing right up against Tesla’s northern property line. Some of those folks will have a great view of what’s going on at the factory. ;)
It would be a testament to someone's commitment to the TMC community to move into the site and get a unit facing the factory. I imagine you could provide a subscription service for a buck or two a month and get a few hundred, or more subscribers. Maybe some other auto companies will be buying units.
It is a shame that Fremont would zone this for housing when they have a company that would like to add another 5 to 10k more employees and would use that space to create many more jobs. Could be nice for some employees being able to walk to work.

Reactions: Big Earl
For fremont deliveries, I bet they just someone drive them over. I had 8 miles on delivery and I'm sure 2 of those was to the delivery center.

thank you. what's your impression on the model 3 turnover?

I had to change my vantage point for the pictures because of Tesla security so from where I'm taking pictures there are cars of the same color (not necessarily the same car) in the same spot for days. For example I saw about 20 Model X/S at the south end of the lot a couple of days ago and they are all gone now. I would think that I should see existing rows of M3s empty out with empty rows filling back in if there was a large turnover.

I had to change my vantage point for the pictures because of Tesla security so from where I'm taking pictures there are cars of the same color (not necessarily the same car) in the same spot for days. For example I saw about 20 Model X/S at the south end of the lot a couple of days ago and they are all gone now. I would think that I should see existing rows of M3s empty out with empty rows filling back in if there was a large turnover.

Are you able to get a view of the north lots? I believe that is where the majority of vehicles get transported from.