Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1811DA44-3E38-4D6A-822A-AC95F20AD2D3.jpeg
02212D7F-D8DA-4D5D-AD19-840A9885D852.jpeg
3A9278DB-95CB-4597-9A10-0AAA4DBCED52.jpeg
3A90F84F-5D54-4DDF-A5E4-A32616B1F74F.jpeg
E5E528CF-46B4-4008-8398-A2F58E8848A0.jpeg
B0C4CCD3-F665-42A0-B724-50EFD7D7063F.jpeg
D068538A-BF7E-4E36-8C85-16B9E36FD68B.jpeg

5/31/18 around 8:55am - north lot, pretty empty still so I guess they haven’t really restarted the line. One of my sources said they achieved 560 M3’s last Thursday so let’s see if they can increase that after the shutdown. They had so many cars that they needed volunteers from their interns to move cars to the south lot.

What's up with those over-wrapped S-es? Look ghostly... I don't believe we've seen this level of wrapping before. Is it b/c they don't have crap to do w/ 3 production down, so they wrap what they have multiple times?

I'm going to guess it's the Model Y? going out for testing? (hey there has to be a reason it's all wrapped up so tight.)

@augkuo

Are you hopping on Trains now to get us some of these PICs? ;) (the construction is the smaller lot, correct? that would put you in the train rail yard I believe.)

I like the new car covers, that's gotta be cheaper than the one time film. As long as they get returned and reused. OR is that a special cover to hide the new features or paint color??

I don't think there is rail work going on. hope so but don't think so. we would hi def drone footage to see what rail is up to. I had seen ballast work going on but not rail. so they could have been removing rail.

Guess I forgot to hit the post button yesterday.

I'm going to guess it's the Model Y? going out for testing? (hey there has to be a reason it's all wrapped up so tight.)

@augkuo

Are you hopping on Trains now to get us some of these PICs? ;) (the construction is the smaller lot, correct? that would put you in the train rail yard I believe.)

Yea we could wish it was a Model Y.:rolleyes:

Thinking about it could the covered cars be heading overseas? First round to Europe?

Hmmmmm….yes. I was totally unaware of the shutdown.

I hope the workers still got paid for standing around.
Who said they were standing around? Training on new equipment or new methods. Streamlining the process. Becoming more efficient at what they do. The line doesn't necessarily have to be running for the employees to use the time effectively.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: BioSehnsucht
Who said they were standing around? Training on new equipment or new methods. Streamlining the process. Becoming more efficient at what they do. The line doesn't necessarily have to be running for the employees to use the time effectively.

Dan
Standing around is speculation:

Just like Training - Streamlining - Becoming more efficient...and anything else.

Reactions: RedOctober

@augkuo

I'm going to guess that they don't want anyone to see that brand new cream interior of the Model 3 like the Model S and S got....lol.

If you look closely....the car has identical creases as the Model 3.

Last edited: