Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randy, I think the stock is lower because their shipping logistics are improved and/or local delivery rate has increased and/or another "pause" in production to modify the line to ramp to the next level. I've never seen trucks there, so they must drive them locally to/from the Factory, Factory Car Carrier Staging Area, and Fremont Delivery Center which is just down the road. Sorry video quality isn't as good as my first one since I kept my cell phone inside in order to attract no attention driving a Tesla loaner X. The video isn't stable because my primary goal is not to accidentally hit the merchandise! :oops:

Russ

PS. I plan to drone the factory and "secret lot" someday, but I've been too busy bootstrapping my start-up recently preparing for a MVP demo to a major corp. Such is life in SV! :cool:

Wow! They really lowered the stock in that lot. The front and side lots are practically empty. Perhaps they were drawing too much attention, causing the security Caravan to have to chase people away all the time, if they only have them in back people will drive right by.

-Randy

Last edited:
I think stock is lower because they are making less. Less VIN assignment and scheduled delivery in last week then before.

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 8.40.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 8.40.09 AM.png

You people are funny.

It is a sample. Of course the absolute values are invalid but excepting a major event like Tesla suddenly fulfilling all orders there is still value to comparing to itself. Especially when there is correlating data like more empty lots.

But no Tesla moving them faster is the reason for the lots being empty despite no other data indicative of that :rolleyes: Get a grip.

Less participation in the spreadsheet is to be expected after the "divorce" so I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from that.

Yes I see people "divorce" more frequently from spread sheet this week then last week because...? :rolleyes:

Well, it is cherry-picking season.

The other database seems to disagree.

Yes, @chojn1 (who maintains one of the databases) has concluded that production is up significantly since the production pause. He also emphasizes the need for caution in comparing current data to data collected before the split — the point I made in previous posts.

export-jpg.8687

From @chojn1 on M3OC:

This chart tells me that Tesla is making a lot more cars after than before the shut down. Be careful interpreting last two weeks number since the dataset was split on 5/2. It's like interpreting a stock price after a split.” Model 3 invites spreadsheet by chojn1 - original thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I think stock is lower because they are making less. Less VIN assignment and scheduled delivery in last week then before.

View attachment 300620 View attachment 300621

I think that there's higher production. There's a lot of latency in the data entry, so extrapolation is a moving target in itself. The most recent days having the biggest error, and with stragglers updating older production dates less frequently. Case in point - look how this has changed in one day since your post:

upload_2018-5-13_10-37-34.png

In one day, May 11's numbers have gone up 20%, while May 7's are up 2%. Today's numbers will probably be up several fold tomorrow and then some in days to follow....

I understand this thread is very popular and we all like to see hundreds of M3s all lined up and getting shipped.

But all it tells us is that the production is humming. It doesn't tell us answers to the key questions that are important:

- Did Tesla hit 3000 atleast in any week so far ?
- Are they producing more this week, compared to last week?
- Are the shipping logistics catching up to their production, or are the production numbers low enough, that shipping is always ahead.
- Have they started producing M3 on weekends? Sat? Sun? or both?

If these picutres are not helping us to answer those questions, then I am not sure it provides a lot value, except to know if they are having any temp shutdowns.

It’s been very informative. When the plant was down, when production was intermittent, when shipping/logistics was not keeping up with production. This is showing harmony at some unknown level, perhaps as high as 4000. We won’t know for about 6 weeks, unless Elon announces they hit 5000 early. Mid anyone in Fremont area wants to crowdsource a bit with augkuo, that would be great too.
Great work augkuo, thanks

It’s been very informative. When the plant was down, when production was intermittent, when shipping/logistics was not keeping up with production. This is showing harmony at some unknown level, perhaps as high as 4000. We won’t know for about 6 weeks, unless Elon announces they hit 5000 early. Mid anyone in Fremont area wants to crowdsource a bit with augkuo, that would be great too.
Great work augkuo, thanks