Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3125D2C5-F46B-40B2-B559-C83577541587.jpeg
84C44ADC-6BDA-4666-AED3-C1F1BEAA19C4.jpeg
E7853C3F-D302-4DC9-A5D7-DDFA24C8110E.jpeg
DE7851FD-328B-469E-85DC-389C8182D356.jpeg
AF3D34D9-9AB0-44C4-8FCB-EFC2D6D833AD.jpeg
6BCA17D6-516B-420A-AD62-DA8152B8A1A1.jpeg
7F4C95A7-ED97-44F5-B456-C34C6E4A6B68.jpeg
5/28/18 around 7:45am - 6 carriers loading I guess the truckers are still working today

Augkuo, you are at the plant very often so I’m going to ask your take on production. Do you beleive they are over 3,000. Have you noticed a big increase in model 3’s being hauled out of that lot? Thanks for the pics.

I guess this means all cars configured in Canada have been shipped...after the shutdown should see 4/18 U.S. configs June deliveries and then stockpiling the lots for 7/1.

Have anyone heard a confirmation if 3rd shift is already in effect or will be added in June?

Edit: looks like Tesla finally delivered the new automated line for battery production from Germany:
Tesla reportedly flies in 6 planes' worth of robots in latest Model 3 push
Not sure if it's really needed, since they improved the efficiency of existing lines during the April shutdown by 96% Tesla streamlined Model 3 battery pack production time by 96%, says Elon Musk

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
I guess this means all cars configured in Canada have been shipped...after the shutdown should see 4/18 U.S. configs June deliveries and then stockpiling the lots for 7/1.

Have anyone heard a confirmation if 3rd shift is already in effect or will be added in June?

Edit: looks like Tesla finally delivered the new automated line for battery production from Germany:
Tesla reportedly flies in 6 planes' worth of robots in latest Model 3 push
Not sure if it's really needed, since they improved the efficiency of existing lines during the April shutdown by 96% Tesla streamlined Model 3 battery pack production time by 96%, says Elon Musk

EM said they can reach 5k/wk without the Grohmann lines. These planes are flying in Zone 4 equipment - Grohmann equipment installed in Zones 1/2 a while ago.

I wouldn't be so sure that all Canada-bound cars have already been shipped, but its possible. I don't think they've all arrived though.

EM said they can reach 5k/wk without the Grohmann lines. These planes are flying in Zone 4 equipment - Grohmann equipment installed in Zones 1/2 a while ago.

I wouldn't be so sure that all Canada-bound cars have already been shipped, but its possible. I don't think they've all arrived though.
Zone 4 is Grohmann. Just saw this 6 Planes Fly In New Line To Up Tesla Model 3 Production To 6,000 / Week

Yesterday, via an exchange on Twitter, it was discovered that six planes carrying Grohmann automation components
Those planes have now landed and their cargo contains parts for a new production line for battery module zone 4 at the Gigafactory.

Unless Elon starts tweeting about Model 3 production resuming, this thread could be the first indication that new Model 3s are now being produced after the shutdown.

5-31 is the last shutdown day, so maybe Friday 6-1 is the first day we see new cars coming out. Maybe they finished the work a day early, and cars start appearing sooner, like tomorrow? ;)

RT

Reactions: 0ptions