Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found Wireless Adapater/game Controller Combination For Tesla Arcade Atari Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after much searching and trying our various combinations, I found a working wireless adapter and game controller combination. It's so much more fun to play the games with a proper game controller. So this is what I did to get everything to work:

Wireless Adapter
This is needed to wirelessly transmit game controller commands to the car. I bought the Mayflash adapter on Amazon.

Before first use, I downloaded the firmware update on the MayFlash Web site. They have a May 24, 2019 firmware update. Download the update for the "MAGIC-NS" and then extract the EXE file and run it. Then insert the USB adapter and the updater will automatically check the firmware version and allow you to update, if necessary. Firmware update: Download--MAYFLASH Limited Game Accessory Manufacture from China

Game Controller
I bought the following Xbox wireless controller after another one I bought did not work. It also comes in different colors, so I bought the white version to match the cream interior of the car.

Paring
Super easy! Just insert the MayFlash Wireless Adapter to one of the available FRONT USB ports.

Insert batteries into the controller and turn on the Xbox controller by long pressing the Xbox logo button, the logo button will blink. Now long press the pair button located on the front side of the Xbox controller until the Xbox logo button blinks fast.

Single press the button on the side of the MayFlash adapter and the two will pair with the Xbox logo will be on continuously. That's it!

Note: If you are using the USB port used by TeslaCam, be sure to first stop TeslaCamby by long pressing the TeslaCam icon so that it is greyed out. If you are using the USB port used by USB media for audio, make sure that you pause audio playback and switch out of the USB player.

That's what I'm hoping but I still have not received that software update.

Has anyone received the Beach Buggy update and tried using it with a controller?

Partly the reason I bought the wireless controller is because I didn't want to grind the tires when playing games that use the steering wheel.

I received the Beach Buggy update but unfortunately the wireless controller does not work with Beach Buggy but the good news is it seems they are working on an update with game controller support.

The wireless Xbox controller and adapter works with the other games though.
Correct. The software developer of Beach Buggy announced they're working on controller support "this week" on the Ride The Lightning podcast

• Helpful
Reactions: PhilDavid
According to the release notes, 2019.28.2 supports not one but up to TWO game controllers for Beach Buggy :)

I haven't had time to test yet but I will check to see if my wireless controller works with Beach Buggy and will report back. If it works, I'll try to see if I can get a second wireless controller so two wireless controllers can be used to play the game.

I am happy to report that the wireless adapter + wireless XBox controller combination referenced above works great with Beach Buggy and in fact the control of the car with the wireless controller works so much better than the steering wheel or the touch screen controls. The control is so much better that it's like playing a totally different/better game.

I'll try to get a second controller + adapter combination to see if both controllers can be wireless at the same time when playing in two player mode.

When you pair the MayFlash Adapter, make sure to pair in XBox mode. This is why I had problems getting it to work earlier. Press the button until it is green and long press so that it starts flashing green and then pair the XBox controller.

I now keep the MayFlash Adapter and the XBox controller in the glove box :)

• Informative
Reactions: zosoisnotaword
When can you find out if a second wireless controller could work so two people can play Beach Buggy with wireless controllers?

I don't like to see dangling wires so it's great to hear at least one wireless game controller works!

I just confirmed that I can have two separate MayFlash adapters pair with two different wireless game controllers, so I'm going to give that a try.

Does anyone know of the smallest/thinnest unpowered/self-powered USB hub that will work with the Model S?

So after much searching and trying our various combinations, I found a working wireless adapter and game controller combination. It's so much more fun to play the games with a proper game controller. So this is what I did to get everything to work:

Wireless Adapter
This is needed to wirelessly transmit game controller commands to the car. I bought the following Mayflash adapter on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/2ZEvlM6

Before first use, I downloaded the firmware update on the MayFlash Web site. They have a May 24, 2019 firmware update. Download the update for the "MAGIC-NS" and then extract the EXE file and run it. Then insert the USB adapter and the updater will automatically check the firmware version and allow you to update, if necessary. Firmware update: Download--MAYFLASH Limited Game Accessory Manufacture from China

Game Controller
I bought the following Xbox wireless controller after another one I bought did not work. It also comes in different colors, so I bought the white version to match the cream interior of the car.

https://amzn.to/2WX8tdu

Paring
Super easy! Just insert the MayFlash Wireless Adapter to one of the available FRONT USB ports.

Insert batteries into the controller and turn on the Xbox controller by long pressing the Xbox logo button, the logo button will blink. Now long press the pair button located on the front side of the Xbox controller until the Xbox logo button blinks fast.

Single press the button on the side of the MayFlash adapter and the two will pair with the Xbox logo will be on continuously. That's it!

Note: If you are using the USB port used by TeslaCam, be sure to first stop TeslaCamby by long pressing the TeslaCam icon so that it is greyed out. If you are using the USB port used by USB media for audio, make sure that you pause audio playback and switch out of the USB player.

Very cool. I have a Wii U Pro controller so this would work out well. I notice this has a USB port which I assume is for wired controllers on mixed systems, do you know if that would let you passthru the dashcam drive? Trying to avoid getting a small hub as I currently like the cleanliness setup I have.

Anyone tried one of these for 2 controllers snd one adapter?

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Features | Xbox One

I tried the official Microsoft Adapter and had to return it because, they decided to limit that adapter to only work when it is plugged into a Windows PC. So everything worked great when it was plugged to a Windows PC, but it did not work in my car.

This is why I recommended the MayFlash adapter above. I can confirm it works in the car, just be sure to pair in "XBox Mode" where the light flashes green.