Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Freaking out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback!
I took the plunge, flew to Vancouver, and the car is immaculate, to my standards. No photos right now but I went over it with a fine comb, and did find some of the things others complain about :
A finger smudge in the grey trim interior, some scratches in paint at one door hinge, but absolutely no noticeable (to me) panel gaps, white paint is a great match, even the charge port door is almost flush. I wonder if it’s because they had the car for five days before I picked it up, did they fix it all up for me beforehand??
It drives amazing, it sounds so quiet even at 120km/hr (compared to my outback), the speakers are great, it charges on the supercharger and at a CHADEMO station just fine, the trunk is opening and closing perfectly. Now just in a hotel part way back home to make the rest of the journey back to home tomorrow!
I’m still in shock it hasn’t set in yet that I really have a Tesla.
Wow.

Awesome news, what's the VIN and build Month? Are you within range of their Mobil Service?

I ordered my MY on June 29th to avoid the EOQ madness and am hoping my MY is at least a July build with a VIN over 23K.

Good luck to you.

I got my MY on June 27th and drove the 65 miles home. I spotted a few panel alignment issues (not horrible) and called the SC. They told me that once you pull out of their lot, they're done. I can make an appointment and get a quote from their service guys but they're not responsible for fixing it. I was under the impression that I had 100 miles or a week to report problems. What's the deal? My biggest complaint so far is that I can never get anyone to talk to me.

Got my Tesla 28 mos. ago, have not needed to take it in for one single thing. Ever. Most reliable, trouble free car I've ever had, and I've had over forty cars in my lifetime.

I did anticipate taking it in for the first year service until they even canceled the need for that a few months before I was due. So again, not one single thing ever. Here's hoping the same for you. *THUMBSUP*

Yea well my first ever drive was a 407km drive through four mountain passes and windy roads. No superchargers along the way so figuring out range and charging with the CHADEMO and all the apps was stressful but it ended up being one easy charge and that’s it! What an amazing ride. Wasted a lot of kw just for fun but my god, I can’t imagine driving an ICE again.
02A4CB95-F1C0-4133-A815-7AB360445E98.jpeg

Yea well my first ever drive was a 407km drive through four mountain passes and windy roads. No superchargers along the way so figuring out range and charging with the CHADEMO and all the apps was stressful but it ended up being one easy charge and that’s it! What an amazing ride. Wasted a lot of kw just for fun but my god, I can’t imagine driving an ICE again.
Congrats. It all worked out.

Yea well my first ever drive was a 407km drive through four mountain passes and windy roads. No superchargers along the way so figuring out range and charging with the CHADEMO and all the apps was stressful but it ended up being one easy charge and that’s it! What an amazing ride. Wasted a lot of kw just for fun but my god, I can’t imagine driving an ICE again. View attachment 562144
She's beautiful!
I'm happy it all worked out for you!
I'm with you, can't go back to ice now...

Update ***

Okay freaking out again.
My wife drove the car for the first time last night when she got home from work and now on my first day of ownership back home, has demanded she drive it to work because her commute is longer than mine, hence it’s better for the environment if she takes it. Now I’m back driving the Subaru. This is going to be a problem.

Update ***

Okay freaking out again.
My wife drove the car for the first time last night when she got home from work and now on my first day of ownership back home, has demanded she drive it to work because her commute is longer than mine, hence it’s better for the environment if she takes it. Now I’m back driving the Subaru. This is going to be a problem.
This was me 2 years ago. When we get our model Y, I get my model 3 back.

There is only one way to solve that. Get second Y!

I am in that same boat, and I dont even have my MY yet. My wife wants a M3 and wants to pick it up from the showroom when I pick up my MY. She wants to get a ride up there and we both drive home in new cars. She keeps checking new inventory daily and keeps telling me "There is a nice Blue M3 we could buy while we are up there". Hehe....we may be driving two cars home soon. :)

Glad to hear that you went through and everything worked out. As good as you're feeling right now, I think it's only going to get better as you learn and get used to your new car.

Your experience reflects mine. I was nervous about my delivery (tampered expectations from reading all of the threads here and articles elsewhere) and it was crazy that I was actually giddy that my trunk closed!

Thanks for everyone’s feedback!
I took the plunge, flew to Vancouver, and the car is immaculate, to my standards. No photos right now but I went over it with a fine comb, and did find some of the things others complain about :
A finger smudge in the grey trim interior, some scratches in paint at one door hinge, but absolutely no noticeable (to me) panel gaps, white paint is a great match, even the charge port door is almost flush. I wonder if it’s because they had the car for five days before I picked it up, did they fix it all up for me beforehand??
It drives amazing, it sounds so quiet even at 120km/hr (compared to my outback), the speakers are great, it charges on the supercharger and at a CHADEMO station just fine, the trunk is opening and closing perfectly. Now just in a hotel part way back home to make the rest of the journey back to home tomorrow!
I’m still in shock it hasn’t set in yet that I really have a Tesla.
Wow.

Yea well my first ever drive was a 407km drive through four mountain passes and windy roads. No superchargers along the way so figuring out range and charging with the CHADEMO and all the apps was stressful but it ended up being one easy charge and that’s it! What an amazing ride. Wasted a lot of kw just for fun but my god, I can’t imagine driving an ICE again. View attachment 562144
I'm curious about CHADEMO. Did you buy the almost $500 adapter from Tesla or did you come up with some other option?

I got my MY on June 27th and drove the 65 miles home. I spotted a few panel alignment issues (not horrible) and called the SC. They told me that once you pull out of their lot, they're done. I can make an appointment and get a quote from their service guys but they're not responsible for fixing it. I was under the impression that I had 100 miles or a week to report problems. What's the deal? My biggest complaint so far is that I can never get anyone to talk to me.

I would call back and ask to speak to a manager cause you have 7 days or 100 miles

I asked my Vancouver delivery advisor via email before my delivery -- the current policy is that you've 24 hours from delivery to report delivery defects.

I thought the 7 days / 100 miles was for returning the car to Tesla. Since there's no gov't rebates on the Y, the Tesla return policy is applicable.

Back to delivery -- my delivery advisor did allow me ample time to inspect the car at the Vancouver delivery centre before starting the delivery paperwork. I took 15 minutes the first pass, and they took the car back in for almost 2 hours to fix all the panel misalignments. Then I then took another 15 minutes for the second pass to check the fixes and other areas of the car. I found some clear-coat blemish that they fixed with a rotary polisher. There were also missing clips around the frunk (12V battery cover), which was documented and deferred to a future Service Center / Mobile Service visit.

Congrats on the new Tesla!! She is a beauty! I just passed 1 year of wonership on my M3 and it has been a joy! Closest SC is 3 hours away but I never even think about it.