Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free public chargers - uk type 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have plug share and zapmap but is there a website or app which easily shows the location of FREE public chargers at all?
Just tend to find it's very hit and miss with all of the different apps and companies at the moment.
Hopefully it will get better when they all have to accept contactless payment.
Also free is always the best and easiest! :D

Have plug share and zapmap but is there a website or app which easily shows the location of FREE public chargers at all?
Not as far as I’m aware. Free chargers are relatively few and far between these days. PodPoint have a few dotted about, but many are chargeable.

All you can really do is trawl through either ZapMap or PlugShare, whichever you find easiest.

Not as far as I’m aware. Free chargers are relatively few and far between these days. PodPoint have a few dotted about, but many are chargeable.

All you can really do is trawl through either ZapMap or PlugShare, whichever you find easiest.

Unless you are in Scotland. Nearly all of the Charge Place Scotland charge points are free. You can find them on the Charge Your Car app or chargeplacescotland.org

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
Thanks but why wouldn't I want to save more money if I could?
Because in some parts of the country chargers are very sparse hence they should not be hogged by freeloaders looking to save 50p over the price of home charging while preventing those with no juice from continuing their journey. There are also CCS fee chargers around if you know where to look.

It is good etiquette to splash and dash, not fill your boots with free power close to home.

If you are charging above the level required to get to your next destination, free or otherwise, then do the right thing and put your mobile number on the dash so those with greater need are not unecesarily delayed.