Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Free Super Charging [do new model 3s come with free supercharging?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Hi Folks,

We picked up our M3LR yesterday and do not see free supercharging in our account. Is this offer discontinued? TIA.

Welcome to TMC. Unless you ordered a long time ago, through a referral link, model 3s in the US do not come with any form of supercharging for free, currently. I specify it this way because I have no idea of any promotions internationally, as I dont look into that.

Since your location says "freemont" under your name, I am going to assume thats in CA, so in the US.

If you ordered a long time ago through a referral link, you will need to follow up on that, but otherwise, unfortunately there isnt any.
Hi Folks,

We picked up our M3LR yesterday and do not see free supercharging in our account. Is this offer discontinued? TIA.

Welcome to TMC. Unless you ordered a long time ago, through a referral link, model 3s in the US do not come with any form of supercharging for free, currently. I specify it this way because I have no idea of any promotions internationally, as I dont look into that.

Since your location says "freemont" under your name, I am going to assume thats in CA, so in the US.

If you ordered a long time ago through a referral link, you will need to follow up on that, but otherwise, unfortunately there isnt any.

• Helpful
Reactions: 1stTIME-EV and IdaX
Upvote 0
Solution

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I live in Fremont. Two week old owner now, enjoying the ride!!

Upvote 0
If you'd bought a Model S, you'd have "free" supercharging, which you'd have paid for in the much higher price of an S. I don't suppose I'll ever recoup my price of my S with any amount of supercharging, though. Just pay for the very low cost of supercharging your 3 and mentally compare it to filling your tank with gas, which for a 30 gallon tank could run you $150 around here. If my car got 20 mpg, I'd need a 20 gal tank for my 400 mile range S, though they tell me my battery holds the equivalent of about 3 1/2 gallons. Luckily we don't pay gas prices for electrons, AND luckily I have 66 solar panels. Can't get gas from the sun.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H and ucmndd
Upvote 0
If you'd bought a Model S, you'd have "free" supercharging, which you'd have paid for in the much higher price of an S.
Only if you buy a used one that had free supercharging for the life of the car. No new Tesla comes with this feature, although there were also a handful of Model 3s that did have it (I believe only the first 1-2 months' worth of vehicles that rolled out of the Fremont plant) before it was discontinued.

Reactions: 1stTIME-EV
Upvote 0
Only if you buy a used one that had free supercharging for the life of the car. No new Tesla comes with this feature, although there were also a handful of Model 3s that did have it (I believe only the first 1-2 months' worth of vehicles that rolled out of the Fremont plant) before it was discontinued.

No model 3 ever came with free supercharging for the life of the car- that was only a thing on older S/X cars.

The early P trim ones (came out mid 2018) did offer free supercharging for the life of first ownership.... but that doesn't transfer to the next owner....(which is also what the S/X transitioned to, before dropping it entirely)

Upvote 0
No model 3 ever came with free supercharging for the life of the car- that was only a thing on older S/X cars.

The early P trim ones (came out mid 2018) did offer free supercharging for the life of first ownership.... but that doesn't transfer to the next owner....(which is also what the S/X transitioned to, before dropping it entirely)

Spot on. We have one of the very very last Teslas with the “free supercharging for the first owner” feature, and that dates to June 2020. It’s a nice perk for sure, but not make or break for us, either.

Reactions: 1stTIME-EV
Upvote 0