Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

free super charging for P3D ordered before Aug 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3 P3D and it's also showing the Pay Per Use... I'll have to try supercharging it and see if a charge hits my card.

When we sold the first Model 3, I asked Tesla to make sure how to prevent SC charges on my card during the transition to the new owner. They said remove the credit card from the account.

Fast forward to Wednesday where my supposedly-free-supercharging enabled car still shows pay-per-use on the Tesla site, I decide to test this out. No issue, no bill in email or other (yet), no even record of the charge in the history page of the account.

FWIW

Reactions: Nocturnal and SigNC
I was also concerned about the wording on the account page as I finalized my order in June.
I sent an email to Tesla customer service about the "pay per use" wording a few days ago and received this response late last night:

"Yes, you will get unlimited supercharging. it is already in your account. please ignore pay per use since it will be zero out each time."

I was also concerned about the wording on the account page as I finalized my order in June.
I sent an email to Tesla customer service about the "pay per use" wording a few days ago and received this response late last night:

"Yes, you will get unlimited supercharging. it is already in your account. please ignore pay per use since it will be zero out each time."
I wish that were the case... I keep getting charges hitting my credit card. At least they said all the charges will be reversed

I have a P3D and the first 2 weeks I was charged for SC, around $30. I responded to the general tesla email acct that I wasn’t happy, they sent me a reimbursement check within a week and the charges to the credit card stopped ASAP.