TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

free super charging for P3D ordered before Aug 1?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by P3D_Denver, Aug 13, 2018.

1. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

I recently picked up my Performance Model 3 (reserved 3/31/16, ordered 6/26/18) and when I log into my tesla.com account page it says my Super Charging Status = Pay Per Use? I thought all P3D's ordered before August 1st (or referred before Sept 16) have free super charging for life? I searched this forum and someone mentioned it takes a couple of weeks to kick in, and everyone I ask at Tesla i clueless....so I am here asking the experts. Seems odd that it would be delayed?

2. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Going to be another week or two for them to update the system.

3. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

cool, thanks for the heads up!

• Like x 1
  4. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

You bet. In the meantime, nobody knows if Tesla will null and void any Supercharging fees for any Performance models. I’d imagine they will. We will find out eventually.

5. b0n3z

b0n3z Supporting Member

#5 b0n3z, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    I have been waiting for my page to update as well. I have contacted my ISA - but still no answer yet.

-b0n3z

6. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

going on 3 weeks my account still says Pay per Use Charging

7. ken830

ken830 Model S 85, Model 3 Performance

I've been reaching out to everyone I know at Tesla about this. This is the reply I got a couple of weeks ago from the "Executive Care" team:

"Thanks for reaching out. Free supercharging activates about 3 weeks after delivery for performance Model 3s ordered before 8/1. This option should be active on your vehicle soon."

This is something I just got today as an email reply to the "You now have free, unlimited Supercharging" e-mail:

"We are still in the process of updating all vehicles to have the unlimited supercharging. You should see this updated soon to reflect the changes."

It's been over three weeks since delivery for me, and I still don't have it reflected correctly on my vehicle details page.

8. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

thank you for sharing this information!

9. SigNC

SigNC Member

Is your credit card being charged?

10. Hhrraath

Hhrraath Member

I am in the same boat. The slow update is annoying. On the bright side, I just checked my credit card and I don’t see a charge for my one supercharging use yet.

11. ZForsyth

ZForsyth New Member

Ditto for me, ordered my P3D on 6/29 and picked it up last week. You guys have received better info than I. The support person I've been talking to didn't even know why I would be eligible for free super charging. I referred them to their own website, so hopefully it gets resolved for all of us.

12. jfs1179

jfs1179 Member

I just got charged for using the super charger, however, when I talked to the service center last time they told me to just let them know and they would reverse the charges. Kinda annoying that they can't just fix this faster.

13. Zcd1

Zcd1 Member

Free Supercharging for life ends 09/16/18 for M3P models.

No owner-specific referral code is actually needed if purchased by then.

14. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

I don't know why this is complicated. Should be a pretty simple software update that their system should already support.

15. beau.b

beau.b Member

Same issue here, ordered on 7/30 and took delivery yesterday (9/6). I got the email, after I ordered, that I would be getting unlimited, free supercharging.

I just supercharged and got a notice from AMEX of the charge as I was pulling away.

16. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

Just picked up my M3 P3D and it's also showing the Pay Per Use... I'll have to try supercharging it and see if a charge hits my card.

17. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

did you contact Tesla to get this charge removed? i was once told it takes a few weeks before Free Supercharging is reflected on our accounts. I am going on my 6th week with my P3D+ and it still says pay per use?

18. cbutters

cbutters Member

Has ANYONE actually seen this reflected on their P3D yet?

19. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

Nope... Executive care said that it'll be fixed with a future firmware update to the vehicle, and that all charges will be refunded to me

20. jfs1179

jfs1179 Member

I just supercharged this morning and on the screen the cost kept going up. After I pulled away and went back to the battery screen it showed $0 for last charge. I logged into my Tesla account and looked at the History, the charge didn't show up. Looks like they are making progress in fixing this issue.

• Like x 2