Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging weekend! (specific sites, off-hours)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yip, already planned:

Leaving early Friday to take the free highway drive to LA where I will touch all the unvisited new Superchargers. After a day of driving LA and San Diego the Free Charging time begins again to take me back home.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It's pretty simple, 101 and 5 between SF & LA, 15 between LA and Vegas, 5 between SF and Mt. Shasta

If you are going those ways check the website, otherwise no free power. I used AbetterRoutePlanner to figure out which stops were mandatory to the trip.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
i saw this on Facebook and normally would be unbothered by it because i have free fro life supercharging. However i am traveling down to LA for a rare trip that requires me to take the car instead of the motorcycle. And again not a big deal since none of the ones in LA seem to be effected by the "free weekend" but but Barstow and Yermo are on the list!!! *sugar* *sugar* *sugar*!! Those are both V2 chargers where model 3 and Y get priority charging speed over model S and I have to stop at one of them to get home. Hesperia is on the list too but its a V3 so the speed isn't shared but id have to stop there for about an hour to get home by skipping Barstow. Already there is a line on normal weekends and holidays are even worse at these two chargers. Add free into the mix now your gonna have all the clowns coming out of the woodwork clogging up the damn charger for hours.

Add free into the mix now your gonna have all the clowns coming out of the woodwork clogging up the damn charger for hours.

Why are you calling them clowns? Are FUSC users not clowns when they charge for free and take an ICE car to go back home?

Am I a clown to only use FUSC near my house instead of charging at home? I like to spend 30-40min away from the kids and watch movies in my car or play Cat Quest so why not spend that time charging too?

Don't blame them for taking advantage of the free Supercharging.

i saw this on Facebook and normally would be unbothered by it because i have free fro life supercharging. However i am traveling down to LA for a rare trip that requires me to take the car instead of the motorcycle. And again not a big deal since none of the ones in LA seem to be effected by the "free weekend" but but Barstow and Yermo are on the list!!! *sugar* *sugar* *sugar*!! Those are both V2 chargers where model 3 and Y get priority charging speed over model S and I have to stop at one of them to get home. Hesperia is on the list too but its a V3 so the speed isn't shared but id have to stop there for about an hour to get home by skipping Barstow. Already there is a line on normal weekends and holidays are even worse at these two chargers. Add free into the mix now your gonna have all the clowns coming out of the woodwork clogging up the damn charger for hours.

The free charging is between 9pm to 12 noon. Are you expecting to use the chargers during that time? Outside of those times useage should be lower.

Why are you calling them clowns? Are FUSC users not clowns when they charge for free and take an ICE car to go back home?

Am I a clown to only use FUSC near my house instead of charging at home? I like to spend 30-40min away from the kids and watch movies in my car or play Cat Quest so why not spend that time charging too?

Don't blame them for taking advantage of the free Supercharging.
I was calling them clowns because they probably wouldn't travel if it wasn't free or perhaps would take an ICE vehicle instead, or will adjust their trip to fit in the time slots.
And hell yeah you're a ****ing clown for using a SC near your house instead of plugging in at home. FFS I can only charge at 10A 120V at home and I still do it. But I have to use the SC that's 40 miles away IOT make it home. And since that *sugar* is on the 15 all those asshole tourists clog up the V2 chargers.
I am from a tourist town in Nor-Cal and ever since I am able to remember, damn tourists have been the bane of my existance. So living along a route that has the high traffic of tourists going to and from Vegas drives me ****ing batshit crazy because they clog *sugar* up and abuse the resources of the town. Since there isn't *sugar* till primm and that crap is more overpriced than stuff in CA. I know the stop in baker but there is 40 V2 stations there and unlike Kettlemen city it never gets filled up or even half way full and there isn't *sugar* in baker either till mad Greek opens back up, it was supposed to be today but I'm skeptical since an opening date has been said before. Which is why everyone stops forever in Barstow so they can get to Vegas without any more stops. And since that means charging FOREVER it clogs the *sugar* out of the damn place.

The free charging is between 9pm to 12 noon. Are you expecting to use the chargers during that time? Outside of those times useage should be lower.
I doubt anyone will pay attention to the times, also yeah i plan on using them during that time.

I was calling them clowns because they probably wouldn't travel if it wasn't free or perhaps would take an ICE vehicle instead, or will adjust their trip to fit in the time slots.
And hell yeah you're a ****ing clown for using a SC near your house instead of plugging in at home. FFS I can only charge at 10A 120V at home and I still do it. But I have to use the SC that's 40 miles away IOT make it home. And since that *sugar* is on the 15 all those asshole tourists clog up the V2 chargers.
I am from a tourist town in Nor-Cal and ever since I am able to remember, damn tourists have been the bane of my existance. So living along a route that has the high traffic of tourists going to and from Vegas drives me ****ing batshit crazy because they clog *sugar* up and abuse the resources of the town. Since there isn't *sugar* till primm and that crap is more overpriced than stuff in CA. I know the stop in baker but there is 40 V2 stations there and unlike Kettlemen city it never gets filled up or even half way full and there isn't *sugar* in baker either till mad Greek opens back up, it was supposed to be today but I'm skeptical since an opening date has been said before. Which is why everyone stops forever in Barstow so they can get to Vegas without any more stops. And since that means charging FOREVER it clogs the *sugar* out of the damn place.

I doubt anyone will pay attention to the times, also yeah i plan on using them during that time.
I travel a lot, and only time where I had to wait was Tejon Ranch besides local Superchargers. I always traveled around those off peak times so it's less crowded even on holidays.

I don't think it'll be any worst just because it's free. Not many will be driving at 2am. Even paying it'll be cheaper than gas so many will still travel in the day.

Also, it may not be free for everyone. I never got this message in my inbox. I'm curious to see what happens this weekend if this deal is for everyone or not.

I travel a lot, and only time where I had to wait was Tejon Ranch besides local Superchargers. I always traveled around those off peak times so it's less crowded even on holidays.
Thankfully, Bakersfield, CA - Copus Rd just opened up 10 miles north of Tejon Ranch - this should help provide additional overflow charging at Tejon Ranch, though for now, amenities are lacking at Copus Rd.

I don't think it'll be any worst just because it's free. Not many will be driving at 2am. Even paying it'll be cheaper than gas so many will still travel in the day.

Also, it may not be free for everyone. I never got this message in my inbox. I'm curious to see what happens this weekend if this deal is for everyone or not.
I guess I just travel a lot more than you. Because I have had to wait dozens of times at various chargers. Both on peek times, and random seemingly off peek but still busy for whatever reason.

Well the first day is here and it is free to charge. Stopping for the third time on the drive to LA. There are less than 15 minutes left until free charging ends and ALL the chargers at Goleta, CA are packed.
E81A9417-ECBB-4445-8BB4-CF22F4AD52E8.jpeg
image.jpg

Now I wanna try that thing a friend recommended. Start charging during the free period and see if it changes during your session to pay-fir charging. If no one is waiting I will see what it does.

I guess I just travel a lot more than you. Because I have had to wait dozens of times at various chargers. Both on peek times, and random seemingly off peek but still busy for whatever reason.
Maybe. I put 20k-25k a year on my car. I'm over 50k miles now and work from home. I only use Superchargers. I send every weekend in San Diego and never a wait at any SCs.

Only a few here that is always packed like Santa Monica, Culver City, Orange, and Puente Hills mall. I avoid those but some times when I bored I go there to check out the action.

In NoCal, I haven't had any waits either since 2018. More chargers there now.

Maybe. I put 20k-25k a year on my car. I'm over 50k miles now and work from home. I only use Superchargers. I send every weekend in San Diego and never a wait at any SCs.
I Supercharge a handful of times a year at most and while I didn't have to wait, I witnessed a short line form last Sunday afternoon in Tejon Ranch. Didn't last long, though. If all the Superchargers were running full speed, a line probably wouldn't have formed - 1-2 stalls were down, the stall I plugged in to never gave me more than high 50s kW despite not being paired up. While the slow speed didn't matter to me as I only needed 30% more charge and knew the time I'd take getting food would still be plenty for the time it was going to take me to get back, there was plenty of people just sitting in their cars while charging.

I Supercharge a handful of times a year at most and while I didn't have to wait, I witnessed a short line form last Sunday afternoon in Tejon Ranch. Didn't last long, though. If all the Superchargers were running full speed, a line probably wouldn't have formed - 1-2 stalls were down, the stall I plugged in to never gave me more than high 50s kW despite not being paired up. While the slow speed didn't matter to me as I only needed 30% more charge and knew the time I'd take getting food would still be plenty for the time it was going to take me to get back, there was plenty of people just sitting in their cars while charging.
Tejon ranch is solved by Copus. Copus was full today, and Tejon had 10 spots open. Soon Tesla will have additional chargers there. Exciting time for Tesla as they're expanding the SC network.

Reactions: 1100MCM

Only a few here that is always packed like Santa Monica, Culver City, Orange, and Puente Hills mall. I avoid those but some times when I bored I go there to check out the action.

In NoCal, I haven't had any waits either since 2018. More chargers there now.
Haha 20k miles I put that on my car in the first few months. And lucky you for not having to wait at a SC. But I have had to wait plenty of times. When I am getting closer to a charger I see how many stalls are available and it's usually 2 or less, and if I see another Tesla nearby I will race past them to the charger. And more often than not I pull up to the only available slot and they then have to wait.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy