Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Service Center Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I recently took my car in to get a paint smudge fix and thought it might be informative to share my experience.

• I dropped it off at the SC on 8/17/18 at 9:15am
• There was no Tesla loaners available so I ended up with a BMW 430i convertible
• About a week with the loaner I got a flat so I took it back to the SC
• The SC didn't have any loaners available so they sent me home in a Lyft
• Later that day a valet showed up at my house with a Model S loaner
• I got an update text daily until my car was ready
• I got a text the morning of 9/5/18 saying my car was ready for pick up
• I got a call a little bit afterwards saying that they noticed some paint over spray and they would have the body shop clean it up
• They were able to clean up the over spray that same day and a valet dropped the car off at my house that afternoon
• The body shop they used was Service King in Fremont
• I asked about reimbursement for gas and they said they would reimburse me for one fill up
• I provided my receipt for gas to the valet who came to pick up my car

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the experience. It did take longer than I thought it would but after I got the Model S loaner I didn't mind waiting. So far it looks like the body shop did a good job on the paint.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Sounds like the service wasn't bad, but why do they need to keep a car for almost 3 weeks for a paint job? o_O
They told me the body shops were swamped when I dropped off the car. It took them almost 2 weeks to find a body shop to send it to. My guess is that there are a lot of paint and alignment issues. On my car it was barely noticeable and I definitely could have lived with it, but it's a new car so I wanted them to fix it.

They told me the body shops were swamped when I dropped off the car. It took them almost 2 weeks to find a body shop to send it to. My guess is that there are a lot of paint and alignment issues.
Yes, but I still don't see why they need to keep the car the whole time. Why not ask the owner to drop the car off once they found a bodyshop and have a timeslot? Their lots must be overflowing with cars just sitting there.

Yes, but I still don't see why they need to keep the car the whole time. Why not ask the owner to drop the car off once they found a bodyshop and have a timeslot? Their lots must be overflowing with cars just sitting there.
You make a great point. There were a tons of cars at the SC. The person on the Loaners team told me that they have a problem with people not coming to pick up their cars once it's ready. There was a person who dropped off a car 71 days ago and never came to get it. I'm guessing that person got a Model S loaner and doesn't care about getting his car back.

• Funny
Reactions: jkirkwood001