Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

frequency of charging using SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to preserve my battery life, what's the suggested frequency of using SC vs charge at home? I was told by one of Tesla OA that I should not charge too often with the SC to avoid deterioration of my battery. My Tesla will be new S75 (taking delivery next month).

I am thinking to use SC couple times a month
Thanks

A few times a month doesn't sound that bad - also the degradation is heavily effected by ambient temperature be sure to put that into account as well. Because when the battery hits a certain thermal limit it is degrading faster than usual. Be sure not to charge to %100 to often either it is worse or the same as Supercharging too often (IMO).

Reactions: KJD and boaterva
I think the jury is still out. In a survey conducted online (self reporting) it appeared the best result for low battery degradation was to SC daily. However, the number of people doing that was few, so the results are suspect. One theory I read is that charging at say 10kW on the UMC kept the battery warmer longer then SC, which resulted in more degradation using the UMC/Level 2.