Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frequent supercharging killing my battery range? Only 1800 mileage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not the OP, and for the most part I agree with you, however, some of us become a bit paranoid because we aren't seeing 10 mile loss over 5 years, but more like 10 mile loss in the first 6k miles!

So, I totally get where the OP is coming from. We see any change and want to know if it's "real" or a BMS calculation error, or Tesla intentionally handicapping our cars (this is my hunch, based on my personal data).

Gecko, yes you totally get me. I do feel more reassured that the 3 mile "range loss" after driving 1800 miles is most likely just battery calibration issue. However, if it were real, that would be concerning, because it would mean 17 miles loss in 10,000 of driving (assuming linear progression of loss).

Range anxiety — I don't have this
Range display anxiety — yup, got a case of this. Although, I would argue this could also just be called, being proactive:) If anything, I have changed my charging practices for the better, before any real damage to the battery capacity has been done!

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments! Cheers!

Reactions: darth_vad3r