Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Friday AWD & P announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes most sense. If they release it now market price would likely drop as people will cry foul with them releasing even more expensive trims further away from the base 35k version. Announcing after market will give people time to process and won't affect stock price much and may even show bump up on Monday with Tesla being able to introduce new options and having healthy production numbers.

Elon already said they will take orders at the end of this week. Following through with that shouldn't negatively affect the stock price.
Exactly, any effect on the stock should have been seen when they made the initial announcement not when they follow through on it. In my opinion they'll open it up tomorrow evening (PST).

• Disagree
Reactions: Janc
Sunday night at 11:59 PM, they will open orders to select employees who ordered on the first day and live within 2 miles of the Fremont factory. Technical compliance.
That’s very likely, and will make sense.
He said will be 6months by the time they give everyone that deferred their AWD, so don’t hold your breath for a widespread opening. Realistically, information on spec and price is what we should expect this weekend.

Reactions: preilly44
At least now we have specs and prices
"Cost of normal dual motor AWD option is $5k. Range is also 310 miles. Takes 0-60mph to 4.5 sec & top speed to 140 mph."

Tesla dual motor, all-wheel drive performance Model 3: 3.5 sec 0-60mph 155 mph Top Speed 310 mile Range

Cost of all options, wheels, paint, etc is included (apart from Autopilot). Cost is $78k. About same as BMW M3, but 15% quicker & with better handling. Will beat anything in its class on the track.

Could the next scheduled shutdown
At least now we have specs and prices
"Cost of normal dual motor AWD option is $5k. Range is also 310 miles. Takes 0-60mph to 4.5 sec & top speed to 140 mph."

Tesla dual motor, all-wheel drive performance Model 3: 3.5 sec 0-60mph 155 mph Top Speed 310 mile Range

Cost of all options, wheels, paint, etc is included (apart from Autopilot). Cost is $78k. About same as BMW M3, but 15% quicker & with better handling. Will beat anything in its class on the track.

Tesla unveils faster and more powerful Model 3 dual motor AWD and Performance versions

Tesla (@Tesla) on Twitter

I went into my account this morning and it wouldn't let me edit the design despite having configured. I do not yet have a VIN#. First day linestander, non-owner in CA.

We probably won't get it but I'd love to know the trap speeds of the AWD cars to compare with the RWD, as that is a better indicator of how fast they are. Leaning towards sticking with my car as configured, as it may be difficult to change it with Tesla at this point anyway, I like RWD driving dynamics better, and even the plebian LR is a blow to the old pocketbook!