Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fridge/Freezer that fits the Model X is on sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dometic CFX-35US - spec: 0.77 Ah/hr @ 41F | rated 12v@7a
Re: Image below
_ Initial draw and two duty cycles for fridge @ 33F _
_ connected toTMX brake controller 12v (20a max) 4 pin _

jGPHDZL.jpg

Do I read the graph correctly - the fridge initially draws 14-10=4A and cycles between 4A and 5A?
Seems so. ~55 W -- I annotated the graph below. Keep in mind that was at ~33F.
Data I saw on their spec was for 41F = Dometic CFX-35US - spec: 0.77 Ah/hr @ 41F | rated 12v@7a
(Note sure about fridge initially draws 14-10=4A tho ... as my car seemed to settle at 6 so 14-6? Depends when ScanMyTesla caught my car going to a resting state. I was standing outside the drivers door).

Bmhklf5.jpg

So I was looking for a bigger fridge for my trip and got 60 liter "CIGREN" for only $610 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MS8TLVT that is a true fridge/freezer.
It's kind of big, but sort of fits into the recessed area in the trunk. There's some space under it there for some loose items that you don't need during the trip itself and it obviously is higher than the area. If you remove the "fake 5-seater floor" and drop in a large suitcase (28" I think, it's the biggest one I have) between it and the fridge - it forms sort of a flat area even.

IMG_20200802_141247.jpg

The flat area is also convenient for other things, like a make-shift baby changing tray or some such.

IMG_20200802_141558.jpg

So far I only have it for 2 weeks and one roadtrip so who knows how's the longevity, but otherwise I am really happy with it.

So I was looking for a bigger fridge for my trip and got 60 liter "CIGREN" for only $610 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MS8TLVT that is a true fridge/freezer.
It's kind of big, but sort of fits into the recessed area in the trunk. There's some space under it there for some loose items that you don't need during the trip itself and it obviously is higher than the area. If you remove the "fake 5-seater floor" and drop in a large suitcase (28" I think, it's the biggest one I have) between it and the fridge - it forms sort of a flat area even.

View attachment 572225

The flat area is also convenient for other things, like a make-shift baby changing tray or some such.

View attachment 572226

So far I only have it for 2 weeks and one roadtrip so who knows how's the longevity, but otherwise I am really happy with it.
Any trouble with the 12v while off grid / away from the vehicle? Users above were complaining about the power being cut off after some time. I figure you’re a little more capable than most in diagnosing issues :)

We have the Dometic CFX 40W and previously didn’t have trouble with the rear 12v but that trip was last year.

Any trouble with the 12v while off grid / away from the vehicle? Users above were complaining about the power being cut off after some time. I figure you’re a little more capable than most in diagnosing issues :)

We have the Dometic CFX 40W and previously didn’t have trouble with the rear 12v but that trip was last year.
yes, I think I saw the 12v socket in the back losing power like 30 minutes after being in park or so (even with doors open and whatnot at a supercharger), but it was not important for my usecase so I did not investigate it further.

if you're able to put it in camp mode the 12v stays on. ran my dad's CPAP on it all night, and you can still lock the car manually (camp mode turns off walkaway lock).
Having sentry on *use*to* keep the rear 12v aux on in the TMX. Maybe camp mode does still but it does not for 'climate=ON' mode. Pain to remember those anyway. I tried it on a bike ride and my fridge warmed up (50Fs) after we got back 1 hr later. I wired my fridge to the Model X trailer manual brake plug in the drivers footwell and could not be happier now.